1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good deal?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by nglfcat, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    nglfcat

nglfcat [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, looking to join the Tacoma family.

So I have a deal pending for a brand new -
    2009 Tacoma
    Short Bed
    4D
    V6
    4X4
    TRD Sport package (PY)

Does $27k sound reasonable?

Thanks for the feedback/insight!

2. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    that's what i paid for the exact same thing brand new 2 years ago, and i was happy with the price.

3. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I paid that for a TRD offroad 4x4 V6 in July last year for my 08......it was a good deal to me :D

4. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I think i would go ahead and pull the trigger :D.

5. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Sounds like a good deal, I bought my 2006 in January of 2006 for $32k and I thought that was a deal back then. So an 09 for $27k sounds great......are you getting any other incentives like cash back, 0% financing, or recent college grad......look into these because you might save a little more cash.....the 0% financing alone could save you up to $5k/$6k over the life of the loan. :eek:

6. Mar 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    nglfcat

nglfcat [OP] New Member

Member:
    The deal would include the $1000 Toyota March incentive.
    And the rest would be from the dealer. (no trade in)
    Totaling around $3084 in total savings.
    Again, does that seem like a reasonable amount of savings for a new purchase?

I'm also positioning the dealers in town against one another. Good tatic?

7. Mar 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM
    tc2008

tc2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    I got my speedway blue, TRD offroad package for $23K out the door at toyota of Orange :D

8. Mar 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    What's the MSRP (sticker price)?
    That sounds like a decent price.

I paid about $26500 for mine new (I have access cab auto SPORT w/ tow package). The sticker was about $29500.

Getting dealer wars for your business - the BEST tactic!!! And like wolfpak said, get some goodies thrown in if you can.

9. Mar 12, 2009 at 6:34 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    At the highest i'd ask for invoice price. I got my 07 at invoice and my fathers 07 $500 below invoice and this was two years ago. I'd imagin you could do better all things considering.

10. Mar 12, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    That sounds good, but if your going to finance it.....through Toyota or any other lender....be sure to work on the financing rate.

Remember there are 3 pieces to every deal.

1. Price $27k (before or after the discounts?)
    2. Interest Rate (WSJ Prime = 3.25%, check into 0% financing or if this may be an issue because of credit don't let them give a rate double or triple WSJ).
    3. Payment (another can of worms)

Be careful about buying other crap like GAAP insurance or their factory warranty.....this usually cost another $2k. They will only tell you when you are about to sign the paper work. They do this at a point in the process where you are almost obligated to get this stuff.

And don't forget about full coverage insurance, add this to your monthly payment (full coverage depends on age and credit and if you are married, etc. look for the low end to be about $100 and up).

Of course none of this stuff might apply to you, but just my .02 here.

Oh yeah, ask for a copy of the invoice, not the window sticker. The invoice will show how much they paid for it. If they paid $24k and they want $27k they still have room to work with. You want to get as close as possible to the invoice. I paid $500 over invoice but it was something I could live with......and at the time it was very hard to find a brand new Tacoma with everything I wanted in my hometown of Edinburg (closest Toyota Stores are Houston 6 hrs away and San Antonio 4 hrs away).

Hope you get your truck! :D

11. Mar 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    gtz85350

gtz85350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuma Arizona
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 sport
    Muy Grande gave you sum good points! I got mine for about the same too and is an 08 DC LB 4x4 sport. I was able to get it 500 below the invoice so they'll work with you.... Remeber the economy is pretty rough so am thinking they'll work with you pretty well. Good luck on the buy!

12. Mar 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    ROOKIE1

ROOKIE1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walton , Ky
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    Also don't let them switch you into thinking about payments . Work them for the price of the total truck + accessories . They start pushing monthly payments and the next thing you know you're signing papers . Not realizing they switched you to a 72 month loan instead of a 60 month .

If you have realitives that work for toyota they have a purchase plan . Dealer cost - very strict about following the guidlines on that deal as it has to be turned in to Toyota .

Products Discussed in

To Top