Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FLASH SALE 7/22-7/31 Dyneema Recovery Ropes-Custom Built!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Texas Transplant Taco
ClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to behold

ClayCrusher's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation FLASH SALE 7/22-7/31 Dyneema Recovery Ropes-Custom Built!

***Flash Sale***
20' standard loops @$100 shipped anywhere in the US
30' standard loops @$175 shipped anywhere in the US

and, with your purchase, you'll receive a free soft shackle to attach with.

Ready to Ship: 2 - 20' Blue 1/2" with reinforced loops. $145 shipped each!

1/2" line is BACK IN STOCK! As of now, I have Black, Green, and Gray.

20' 1/2" with reinforced loops @ $150 shipped
30' 1/2" with reinforced loops @ $225 shipped
20' 1/2" standard loops @ $140 shipped
30' 1/2" standard loops @ $215 shipped

7/16 Ropes built to order--Black, Blue, Gray, Green, Yellow, Red. 20' @ $85 Shipped, 30' @115 shipped

20' 7/16" with reinforced loops @ $85 shipped
30' 7/16" with reinforced loops @ $115 shipped
20' 7/16" standard loops @ $75 shipped
30' 7/16" standard loops @ $105 shipped

Get these now!!!

This is a sample of the blue with reinforced loops.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
How far back is the loop integrated into main part of strap? Can't tell from the pic....

Also, what is the rating on the rope?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
whoa..
Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting!

Diameter of the rope?
Is there a list of colors anywhere?
Could you put a sleeve on the loops?

If so I will take a 30'
Old 01-31-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
Texas Transplant Taco
ClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
How far back is the loop integrated into main part of strap? Can't tell from the pic....

Also, what is the rating on the rope?
21,000 pounds breaking strength. It has what's known as a "high tech splice" or "core to core" so there isn't any pointloading on the splice. The bury, or how far it gets tucked and tapered is a factory specified length for that diameter of rope.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
Texas Transplant Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Interesting!

Diameter of the rope?
Is there a list of colors anywhere?
Could you put a sleeve on the loops?

If so I will take a 30'
It's 1/2'' diameter and right now, in that color pattern I have both red and blue. I can add a Nomex/technora (basically fireproof) sleeve to both loops for $5/ loop.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
cleung is on a distinguished road
cleung's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think shipping cost will be to Canada?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
1/2" seems kind of small, the only 1/2" ones I have seen are for ATVs and have ratings under 10,000lbs. How is this one so much stronger?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
OP.. Is this Samson/New England Ropes/Pelican??

Tow Strap or Snatch Strap? There two totally different things..

I'm guessing it's double braid nylon; which would have a fair amount of stretch.. You should factor in dynamic loading forces when deciding what breaking strength to use.

Post some more details?

Just curious.. just spliced about 200 eyes in 1 3/4" Double Braid: Recovery straps for MRAPs.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
Texas Transplant Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleung View Post
What do you think shipping cost will be to Canada?
Shipping to Canada is $43.00 I just shipped one out last week to Alberta.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
Texas Transplant Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
OP.. Is this Samson/New England Ropes/Pelican??

Tow Strap or Snatch Strap? There two totally different things..

I'm guessing it's double braid nylon; which would have a fair amount of stretch.. You should factor in dynamic loading forces when deciding what breaking strength to use.

Post some more details?

Just curious.. just spliced about 200 eyes in 1 3/4" Double Braid: Recovery straps for MRAPs.

It's not double braid nylon--it's composed of a Dyneema SK-75 core--that's where it gets its 21,000 lb strength.
http://www.neropes.com/product.aspx?...6c&lid=1&pid=3
Here's what I use, check out the site for more info.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCrusher View Post
It's not double braid nylon--it's composed of a Dyneema SK-75 core--that's where it gets its 21,000 lb strength.
Gotchya! Cool!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
tri2hunt is on a distinguished road
Name: Micah
tri2hunt's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in a 30' in blue with the Nomex covers. What do you need from me?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:10 PM   #14
cmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Artem
cmanhonor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCrusher View Post
I used to use cut resistant gloves made with Dyneema at my old job , let's just say they've saved me from a few trips to the hospital for stitches , except the one time I didn't wear them , anyways Dyneema is some really great stuff!!and I'd be buying one of these if I wasn't tight on cash right now .. Good luck OP!!!
Attached Thumbnails
FLASH SALE 7/22-7/31 Dyneema Recovery Ropes-Custom Built!-image.jpg  
Old 02-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #15
Rowdy will become famous soon enough
Name: Jeb
Rowdy's Tacoma Gallery
The Dyneema is the stuff some of the more high tech braided fishing line is made from, like Spyder Wire brand name; and it is very impressive stuff. I have used the braided fishing line for years to fish with as well as to sew things up with, after they come loose, get cut or something I make changes too... A field sew kit more or less with a thread on steriods LOL

GLWS
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #16
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
I am in for a '30 ft line with both ends sleeved. Any color is fine. How do I pay you?
Old 02-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #17
Rubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm....how much would you charge, hypothetically, if you got your hands on 30' of 1" in whatever color...?
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #18
Texas Transplant Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio92 View Post
Hmmmm....how much would you charge, hypothetically, if you got your hands on 30' of 1" in whatever color...?
I'll see what I can find. Shoot me a PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
Texas Transplant Taco

I've got a blue 20' with reinforced loops ready to ship out. Who wants it?
Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #20
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Can you do orange?