LED lights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
suhteevin is on a distinguished road
Name: Steven
suhteevin's Tacoma Gallery
awesome deal! just bought 2.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I posted those because they all say the original prices are high and yet all of them are identicle and selling between $20 and $30. Just seems like a gimmik to me but still not a bad value for some LED lights.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, definitely a gimmick to make you think you're getting a great deal. When in reality they may have started at $50 6 months ago I bought 4 cause I like dealing with newegg and it was a pretty decent deal.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You bought 4 of the same ones? How have you liked them so far? decent light output? Did you get the square or round?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just ordered them on Saturday, so I can't comment on anything but price yet. I got 2 round and 2 square. I think the rounds are going on the truck light bar, and the square are going on my wheeler. But we'll see.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a pair of the round ones from Amazon, made by a brand called Tuff LED. They claim that theirs are the originals, and others are a knock-off but who knows. Set of 2 for under $50 shipped (Prime account). I put them in my All-Pro bumper as replacement fogs. Just a slight bend to the mounting tab and these fit right behind the fog light holes perfectly. Bright as hell (brighter than my headlights) but they only throw a good white flood beam for about 75' before they start to dissipate. Great for night wheeling in tight trails, but I get high beamed when I use them as driving lights.

They are really built tough and come with all stainless hardware. Bolts/nuts are bigger than they need to be so they are strong as hell. The casings on the Tuff LED ones are built very well... better than my old PIAA's. Such a low power draw, you can use your factory wiring, too.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
little812 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan
little812's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered two off Amazon as well. Should be in by the end of the week. I will post pictures. These are going into the factory fog locations, hopefully using the factory wiring. Unless the experts advise other wise.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
PaulK is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
PaulK's Tacoma Gallery
I put one of the round Tuff LED lights on my snow blower. It's brighter and whiter than a typical tractor headlight (par 36), but not by much. Looks pretty tough though. Not a replacement for high end off road lights, but a decent deal for the money.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #12

Air Force:
Installed. Now waiting till dark.

LED lights-uploadfromtaptalk1393021376886.jpg

Fogs only

Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #13
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Artillery! Boom
Name: Friends call me Ginger
FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Seabass: Did you wire these up using your factory wiring harness and switch? Any tricks to doing so or is it pretty straight forward? Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
AK Dirty Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
AK Dirty Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Which allpro bumoper do you have? Im looking to put the same lights you have in my Tacoma allpro bumper.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #15
basinrunner is on a distinguished road

basinrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Bought 2, plan to mount behind the grill we will see how it comes out!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by little812 View Post
Installed. Now waiting till dark.

Attachment 257762

Fogs only

That's sweet, are they the ones I found on Newegg?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATaco View Post
Seabass: Did you wire these up using your factory wiring harness and switch? Any tricks to doing so or is it pretty straight forward? Thanks!
All you would need to do this is have a 9005 adaptor for the new fogs.

I bought this and just used the ends I needed but these are great to get just to use the plugs too: ($3.09 shipped)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281118385415...84.m1423.l2649
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #18

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
That's sweet, are they the ones I found on Newegg?
I got them from Amazon. Under 50 shipped.

Products Discussed in this Thread