1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: AFE CAI Stage 2 for 4.0L (used)

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by tacomabro, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mar 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    tacomabro

tacomabro [OP] Member

Member:
    Davis, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Undercover Tenneau cover, blacked out headlights, TRD cold air intake, black Grillecraft grill, blacked out badges
    aFe Magnum Force Cold Air Intake for 4.0L Tacoma 05-09' with ProDryS Filter.
    Part # 54-11352

I am selling my AFE cold air intake because I live in California and did not know about the CARB emissions laws until I went to get my smog checked. The only reason I am selling this part is because it is not legal for street use in the state I live in. There is nothing wrong with the part at all.
    I had to buy the expensive TRD cold air intake because they had the money to get the CARB certification sticker. Once I removed the AFE cold air intake, my truck lost all of its throaty growl. I am sad to see it go. The ProDryS Filter is the easiest to take care of.

I don’t want anyone to get into the same problem I was in, so nobody from the following states should buy this part. (It is illegal for street/freeway use in these following states):
    California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Washington, Vermont, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Oregon, Arizona, , Pennsylvania, Maryland, Florida, New Mexico.

Although, if you know somewhere you can pass smog with no problem, or don’t mind switching back to OEM every two years for smog, then be my guest.
    This is a bolt on kit and everything you need to install is included in the bag.
    Asking $200 OBO
    Picture below.

CIMG0003.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Mar 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Need to post pics per forum rules.