Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB - Black Sand Pearl Grill

Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
WTB - Black Sand Pearl Grill

anyone know where I could find one of these. They never seem to come up on ebay. I have a chrome one now but would like both until i decide on one or the other. ideas?
i have seen some "black" ones on ebay but i think these are new but base model and would not match.
thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
wfbont007 will become famous soon enough
wfbont007's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you find two of them.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
you'll have better luck getting a chrome grill and painting it....color matched grills aren't let go of all that often.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
you'll have better luck getting a chrome grill and painting it....color matched grills aren't let go of all that often.
thought about this option. think I could prep and paint it to look pretty good?
I have seen chrome ones but really wanted a good match.
gloss black rattle can and some clear on top?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaTosin View Post
thought about this option. think I could prep and paint it to look pretty good?
I have seen chrome ones but really wanted a good match.
gloss black rattle can and some clear on top?

no spray paint....gotta go to a place that sells automotive paints and they can make you a spray paint can to match your paint....not just any old black.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I bought some color matched paint for my grill yesterday...
Here's where i got mine from:
http://stores.ebay.com/Spray-Cans-Un...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
The Not So New guy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I bought some color matched paint for my grill yesterday...
Here's where i got mine from:
http://stores.ebay.com/Spray-Cans-Un...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
cool. thanks - just ordered black sand pearl can. now i just gotta find another chrome (or any color) grill i guess.
THANKS
Old 04-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
cool. thanks - just ordered black sand pearl can. now i just gotta find another chrome (or any color) grill i guess.
THANKS
Nice, i'm hoping its a good color match...
I'm gonna try painting my chrome one as soon the paint arrives...
i'll let you know how it goes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
The Not So New guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Nice, i'm hoping its a good color match...
I'm gonna try painting my chrome one as soon the paint arrives...
i'll let you know how it goes
Cool. Keep me posted I am psyched to get this project going
Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
let me know how it turns out with the spray paint. If you don't like it I might have one for sale in a couple weeks depending on how my new recessed grille looks.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
The Not So New guy

looks like plenty of sanding, adhesion promoter, primer, primer, paint, paint.
if it is not prepped really well it will flake off later.
i read up on the process and it seems that it CAn work but prep is everything like with most mods.....
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Continue to keep an eye on ebay...I won a BSP grill on there a couple of months ago.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Cool. Keep me posted I am psyched to get this project going
I just checked the shipping status of my paint... Looks like i'll be getting it tomorrow!!

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 04/02/2009."
Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival.

I found this thread in a search while considering the same spray can for my eyelids. How'd it turn out, 05prerunner? Anyone else have experience with this paint? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
Who Inspires You?
Tool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant future

Name: Favian
Tool's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tool
i order paint from there to and painted my eyelids and rear bumper and looks great
Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #16

The super white match kinda sucked when i ordered it...
It was more yellow-ish