Notices

At local Dealership

Old 04-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
At local Dealership

Saw this truck last night when I was driving by. Stopped and checked it out, it has a pro-comp 6" lift and also looked like it had a 2-3" body lift. Not a bad looking truck but the wheels were starting to pit pretty bad, and it didn't look like anything else was done. Anyone know this truck? http://www.evanstoyota.com/Preowned-...oryId=27376584

Edited with link
Old 04-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
26,995 for an 05 with 55k? I know the lift and everything makes it look better but i thought mods bring the value of a truck/car down. Or have i been told incorrectly?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You've been told a half truth. Mod make a truck more valuable to people who want them...They just make more work for dealers because they either have to strip them out or wait for the right person to come along.

No fooking way in hell would I pay that much for an 05 with 55K...I paid less than that for my 08 brand new...and will be very close to or slight over it with all the mods I want
Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
to pricey.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
"Transfer Case Power Take Off: - TBD - "

LMAO!!!! You mean they cant look under the truck and see if there is a PTO block off plate?

Im sure it has gone thru the 160 point inspection.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
You've been told a half truth. Mod make a truck more valuable to people who want them...They just make more work for dealers because they either have to strip them out or wait for the right person to come along.

No fooking way in hell would I pay that much for an 05 with 55K...I paid less than that for my 08 brand new...and will be very close to or slight over it with all the mods I want
yea same for me. no more than 20k if even that. Nice truck but i agree with everyone about the lift and rims. Not a fan of the 6" lift.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Edit: There now

Definitely not worth what they're asking. Might be worth 20 on a good day.

IMO, that's the gayest lifted Taco I've ever seen b/c of those stupid wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
PS- Those tires look horrible on it.
Times 1 bazillion on the wheels. Totally ruined a good O/R truck. So, is that by definition a "Bro" truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Del found his next taco!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
I beleive the dealership tells you that the mods make the veh lower the value and try to sell it for more than the Blue Book Value as was said earlier due to the potential buyer wanting to pay more for the mods. There is a dealership in my area that sells new Taco's with several mods for about $36K but I don't believe that it is worth it (cheaper to upgrade to your liking)
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
I beleive the dealership tells you that the mods make the veh lower the value and try to sell it for more than the Blue Book Value as was said earlier due to the potential buyer wanting to pay more for the mods. There is a dealership in my area that sells new Taco's with several mods for about $36K but I don't believe that it is worth it (cheaper to upgrade to your liking)
Yeah...It's never worth it. They'll put in a 3 inch spacer lift and tack another 6 grand on the price. Sunroof can be installed for around 1500 in a Taco...They'll take you for 3K. Nearly NEVER worth it to have the dealer install options like that.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
bro truck
Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
that is deff on of the worst looking tacos i have ever seen.... the wheel and tire set up ruined that truck
Old 04-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
wtf.i woudnt drive that to a rock fight at midnight.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Edit: There now

Definitely not worth what they're asking. Might be worth 20 on a good day.

IMO, that's the gayest lifted Taco I've ever seen b/c of those stupid wheels.
What he said. I would definately be replacing those wheels.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #17
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels looks like crap on that truck!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
the wheels wouldnt be bad if they were tucked in more.