1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Chrome Bull Bar / Plate / 6" Lights (2005+)

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by fasn8dave, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Apr 7, 2009 at 7:01 AM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave [OP] Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    I have decided to save up for a replacement off-road bumper for a better approach angle for off-roading / climbing.

This bull bar has served me well and I've enjoyed having it, but I can't have it and an ARB style bumper so it's gotta go...

I think I may have dimpled the cross bar a little while tightening down the fasteners for the lights, so I'll leave the lights on it.

I DO NOT have a toggle switch. These are wired into my bright lights.

PRICE: $175
    SHIPPING: Not an option. Might be able to meet you somewhere close.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 7, 2009 at 7:02 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    You got any idea if this will fit the first gen??

3. Apr 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    I have no idea, but my guess is no..... I know that when I bought it I had to specify 2005+

4. Apr 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    And what is the purpose of a bull bar?

5. Apr 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    matt45648

matt45648 Well-Known Member

Member:
    What lights are those? Sell them separate?

6. Apr 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    Not sure what you're getting at here, two ways to take it -

The first is, why even own one? Which is for the light bar, SOME protection which also applies in the parking lot, and for cosmetic reasons.

The second way your question might ring is, why I want to get rid of this and get an ARB style bumper... the answer to that one is a better approach angle to obstacles to climb and SOLID protection from mild hits. I'll also have the option of adding a winch if I get really gutsy and go DEEP into where I don't belong, LOL

So either way, I hope I anwered that one.

As far as the lights, I got them from either CT or on this site, can't remember. I gave a review on them and paid shipping - they've been great. I think they're 35 watts? I'll have to look. It is, however, a package deal...

7. Apr 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    I am traveling from NC to AL this weekend... just in case there's someone that's interested that's also on the way, LOL

8. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    I just got a PM from this thread - now that it's over a year old, I've managed to beat this up to the point I shouldn't sell it.

It's great for "parking lot bumps" but it hurts you approach angle when you're going to climb. Thankfully I do work in metal fab and am able to fix it, at least to a point.

I'll probably just scrap it when I'm done with it... I wouldn't feel right selling it at this point.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top