Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

TEPUI Roof Top Tents and Gear

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #61
Member
Tacoman503 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jul 2014, #135146
Gender: Male
Posts: 41
Tacoman503's Tacoma Gallery
Kukenam sky you sexy motherfucker... One Day I will Buy You .
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:51 AM   #62
Junior Member
SoCal Taco Noob is on a distinguished road
 
SoCal Taco Noob's Avatar
Name: John
Joined: Jan 2013, #95973
Location: GH, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
SoCal Taco Noob's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #63
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Box Rocket's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Mar 2010, #32389
Location: Syracuse, Utah
Age: 41
Gender: Guy
Posts: 5,220
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
For those trying to contact me this week with questions and/or orders for tents etc I will be at CruiserFest all week and away from my computer with limited phone service. I'll respond to questions etc as soon as I get back. Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #64
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Hairy Taco's Avatar
Name: Chris
Joined: Nov 2011, #67666
Location: Manitoba
Gender: Dude
Posts: 5,994
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Are these good-to-go as they are in sub freezing temps?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #65
TepuiTents [OP] TepuiTents is offline
Junior Member
TepuiTents will become famous soon enough
 
TepuiTents's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Jul 2014, #133518
Gender: Male
Posts: 27
TepuiTents's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Are these good-to-go as they are in sub freezing temps?
Yep they are all 4-season tents that can handle sub-freezing temps just fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #66
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Hairy Taco's Avatar
Name: Chris
Joined: Nov 2011, #67666
Location: Manitoba
Gender: Dude
Posts: 5,994
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TepuiTents View Post
Yep they are all 4-season tents that can handle sub-freezing temps just fine.
I figured, thank's Adam
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #68
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Hairy Taco's Avatar
Name: Chris
Joined: Nov 2011, #67666
Location: Manitoba
Gender: Dude
Posts: 5,994
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool set-up brotha

Is that the Kukenam? Ruggedized?

Like the tailgate too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonek View Post
Very Happy .... Love the Tent !!
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/420387/cat/500][/url
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #69
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Box Rocket's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Mar 2010, #32389
Location: Syracuse, Utah
Age: 41
Gender: Guy
Posts: 5,220
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonek View Post
Very Happy .... Love the Tent !!
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/420387/cat/500][/url

Looks Fantastic John! Thanks for the order!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #71
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Seabass's Avatar
Name: Bloodshart
Joined: Apr 2010, #34455
Location: AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Tepui high wind durability testimonial:

This past Saturday, I was out fishing at one of our local desert reservoirs with 2 other Tacoma-owning friends. One of them has the Kukenam just like mine, and we were set up in the afternoon for an overnighter of catfishing. Our tents were unfolded and all set up, ready to crash out in once we got too tired to keep our eyes open. Once the sun went down, the monsoon thunderstorm forecast we had been watching for seemed to have faded, and we watched the clouds break up and the rain/lightening work its way around us to the south. A few beers in, and one of my friends gets up and looks behind our trucks out over the lake and directs our attention to the wall of dust coming across the lake.

15 seconds later, the haboob hit with full force. I quickly stowed any loose gear in the bed of my truck, and made the decision to climb up into my tent and do what I could to save it. Winds went from 10mph to 60mph+ in 10 seconds and lasted for a continuous 15 minutes. The winds were buffeting the long side of my tent directly, so I sat in the middle of the tent so my body weight held the overhang half down firmly while I leaned my body against the wall of the tent taking the direct abuse. I wanted to make sure to give the metal tube support poles some direct support with my back and my outstretched arms, which was working well. The 8 metal rods that support the awnings and rainfly sure were bouncing around like crazy, but they were all holding tight and showing no signs of deformity.

At one point during the brunt of the windstorm, I moved my body away from the tent wall to see what it would do. To my amazement, the tent held up amazingly well without my help. My rainfly straps were already all snug, and there was some overall flex to the tent obviously, but at no point did I feel that the support poles were going to bend over and have the tent canopy come down on me or my son.

The noise was like a freight train, and I had zero visibility on my friend in his tent. I assumed he was doing the same support method as I was. Once the heavy winds died down to about 10mph, we both climbed down to assess our gear. He said he did not support the wall of his tent at any time and just sat in the overhang section to hold it down from lifting up. He and my other friend rode it out without holding anything together. The 4 of us walked around and inspected our tents and discovered ZERO failures in any poles, seams, stitches, zippers, or fabric. Even the 8 awning/rainfly rods were in original condition, holding on tight as new.

This was a true testament to what these tents can handle in high winds, at least for a 15 minute span. We were on a flat, exposed point which extends 500 yards out into the open part of this large reservoir. We were hit fully broadside in our tents by the wind/dust storm and all we have to show for it is some grit to vacuum out of the inside of the tent. Truly amazing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #72
TepuiTents [OP] TepuiTents is offline
Junior Member
TepuiTents will become famous soon enough
 
TepuiTents's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Jul 2014, #133518
Gender: Male
Posts: 27
TepuiTents's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Tepui high wind durability testimonial:

This past Saturday, I was out fishing at one of our local desert reservoirs with 2 other Tacoma-owning friends. One of them has the Kukenam just like mine, and we were set up in the afternoon for an overnighter of catfishing. Our tents were unfolded and all set up, ready to crash out in once we got too tired to keep our eyes open. Once the sun went down, the monsoon thunderstorm forecast we had been watching for seemed to have faded, and we watched the clouds break up and the rain/lightening work its way around us to the south. A few beers in, and one of my friends gets up and looks behind our trucks out over the lake and directs our attention to the wall of dust coming across the lake.

15 seconds later, the haboob hit with full force. I quickly stowed any loose gear in the bed of my truck, and made the decision to climb up into my tent and do what I could to save it. Winds went from 10mph to 60mph+ in 10 seconds and lasted for a continuous 15 minutes. The winds were buffeting the long side of my tent directly, so I sat in the middle of the tent so my body weight held the overhang half down firmly while I leaned my body against the wall of the tent taking the direct abuse. I wanted to make sure to give the metal tube support poles some direct support with my back and my outstretched arms, which was working well. The 8 metal rods that support the awnings and rainfly sure were bouncing around like crazy, but they were all holding tight and showing no signs of deformity.

At one point during the brunt of the windstorm, I moved my body away from the tent wall to see what it would do. To my amazement, the tent held up amazingly well without my help. My rainfly straps were already all snug, and there was some overall flex to the tent obviously, but at no point did I feel that the support poles were going to bend over and have the tent canopy come down on me or my son.

The noise was like a freight train, and I had zero visibility on my friend in his tent. I assumed he was doing the same support method as I was. Once the heavy winds died down to about 10mph, we both climbed down to assess our gear. He said he did not support the wall of his tent at any time and just sat in the overhang section to hold it down from lifting up. He and my other friend rode it out without holding anything together. The 4 of us walked around and inspected our tents and discovered ZERO failures in any poles, seams, stitches, zippers, or fabric. Even the 8 awning/rainfly rods were in original condition, holding on tight as new.

This was a true testament to what these tents can handle in high winds, at least for a 15 minute span. We were on a flat, exposed point which extends 500 yards out into the open part of this large reservoir. We were hit fully broadside in our tents by the wind/dust storm and all we have to show for it is some grit to vacuum out of the inside of the tent. Truly amazing.
Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #73
Senior Member
little squirt is on a distinguished road
 
little squirt's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2012, #84293
Location: 808, now VA
Gender: Male
Posts: 116
little squirt's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to order mine next week! Come on last paycheck needed! Bed cage should be here soon too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #74
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Box Rocket's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Mar 2010, #32389
Location: Syracuse, Utah
Age: 41
Gender: Guy
Posts: 5,220
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
This past week at CruiserFest gave me another chance to test out the new Tepui Expedition Series Gear Bags. I can't tell you how impressed I am with how these bags handle dirt and dust. I drove almost 800 miles during CruiserFest on some of the most dusty roads in Utah's west desert. The roads were covered in fine powdery silt. If you've ever driven in silt you know it gets into EVERYTHING! Everything in the bed of my truck and in my trailer was covered in a thick layer of dust. This photo is only about 30% of the amount of dust that covered this bag during the trip. I had no idea how good these bags would be and others in our group were surprised as well that absolutely NO dust made it into the bags. One of the guys in our group who is a dealer of Front Runner products had tons of gear stored in Wolfpack containers that were all wrapped in a tarp in his trailer. The containers held lots of Front Runner products that he planned to display during the vendor show at the event. He did all he could to keep dust out of his containers. All of his containers had dust in them when we got off the trails. Not so with the Tepui bags. I didn't have a single speck of dust in any of the 4 bags that I had with my on the trail and all of them were carried in my open truck bed or in my open trailer. These may not be the cheapest gear bags, but it's a case of getting what you pay for. I've now had these bags in torrential rain and nothing got wet, and hundreds of miles of choking silt and no dust on any of my gear inside the bags! These are much better than I thought they would be. Let me know if you want to get some for yourself and I'll get you a great price!



  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #75
TepuiTents [OP] TepuiTents is offline
Junior Member
TepuiTents will become famous soon enough
 
TepuiTents's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Jul 2014, #133518
Gender: Male
Posts: 27
TepuiTents's Tacoma Gallery
You've been asking for it and it's finally here! One of the most popular Tepui Tents just got better. Tepui is pleased to announce the new RUGGEDIZED AUTANA ROOF TOP TENT. $1750

All of the killer features of the standard Autana with the extended canopy and included annex, now with all the upgrades of the Ruggedized models.

The Autana Ruggedized is the toughest Tepui roof top tent on the market. It is perfect for 4x4 trailers and tough off-road rigs.
- Diamond Plate Base
- 360g Dual Stitched Fabric (40% heavier than standard models)
- Anti-condensation mat (1/2") under the mattress
- Fully wrapped 3/4" heavy duty internal frame
- Heavy duty 3-bolt hinges and welded aluminum base construction
- Extra-large internal pockets, gear anchor points, & bedding Straps
- Velcro window surround for clear window accessory (sold separately)
- Fully enclosed annex featuring the same heavy duty material used for the tent canvas.





  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #76
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Box Rocket's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Mar 2010, #32389
Location: Syracuse, Utah
Age: 41
Gender: Guy
Posts: 5,220
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
bump
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #77
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Seabass's Avatar
Name: Bloodshart
Joined: Apr 2010, #34455
Location: AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,589
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TepuiTents View Post
You've been asking for it and it's finally here! One of the most popular Tepui Tents just got better. Tepui is pleased to announce the new RUGGEDIZED AUTANA ROOF TOP TENT. $1750

All of the killer features of the standard Autana with the extended canopy and included annex, now with all the upgrades of the Ruggedized models.

The Autana Ruggedized is the toughest Tepui roof top tent on the market. It is perfect for 4x4 trailers and tough off-road rigs.
- Diamond Plate Base
- 360g Dual Stitched Fabric (40% heavier than standard models)
- Anti-condensation mat (1/2") under the mattress
- Fully wrapped 3/4" heavy duty internal frame
- Heavy duty 3-bolt hinges and welded aluminum base construction
- Extra-large internal pockets, gear anchor points, & bedding Straps
- Velcro window surround for clear window accessory (sold separately)
- Fully enclosed annex featuring the same heavy duty material used for the tent canvas.





So sexy. When my Kukenam finally meets its doom either by parking garage (had a close call this past weekend), or by lightning strike or tornado.. then I'm definitely stepping up to a Ruggedized. I'm starting to like the extra overhang concept of these larger models especially for rainy weather.

My next project is to build a urinal for my RTT. 20' of bong tubing glued/attached to the bottom of a funnel or something with a lid on it. Run the tubing through the side flap where the velcro is, and have the tubing end away from the truck in a pre-dug hole. Pee in the funnel right in the tent, throw a small amount of bottled water down afterwards to rinse it out, and go back to bed
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents MTgirl Product Reviews 139 09-19-2014 09:23 AM
Bigfoot Roof Top Tents RTT fRyDaYkNiGhT Product Reviews 25 08-01-2014 01:54 PM
Tepui Roof Top Tent; Kukenam ian408 Product Reviews 15 06-08-2014 03:30 PM
Tepui (Rooftop) Tents bkrdave36 Vendor Reviews 0 08-09-2013 10:34 AM
Vehicle/Roof top tents ACLakey 2nd Gen. Tacomas 7 03-31-2012 05:51 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.