Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Waterproof Fuse and Relay Boxes - RFRM (10 relay) & RTMR (5 Relay) no Blue Sea/ SPOD

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #41
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I thought I was right. Just nice to know I'm not

I would rather just have keyed power. Prevents someone from bumping a switch and turning on something that could kill the battery.

This sounds like a winner of an idea! Actually now that I think about it, I have a fuse tap already installed for my interior LEDs. They only come on when I have the parking lights on.
No stress. So you are familiar with it then. Awesome.

My setup, I am constantly having to keep lights on in the dark. Plus having dual batteries, I have the accessories isolated to my second battery. Otherwise would have done the fuse tap or multi bussed on the block itself.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #42
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
No stress. So you are familiar with it then. Awesome.

My setup, I am constantly having to keep lights on in the dark. Plus having dual batteries, I have the accessories isolated to my second battery. Otherwise would have done the fuse tap or multi bussed on the block itself.
I've been debating on what "functional" things I can talk myself into. Air compressor and lights are the only winners really. I have my CB already. And until I get those things I really won't need to worry about powering them, though I'll keep doing research on these and figuring out how I want to have it set up so when the time comes I'll be ready!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #43
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
There will be some nice examples of the work posted this coming week. Hopefully some of the people getting them will post up their impressions. Some, you might be pleasantly surprised to whom is getting them.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #44
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Additional ideas for Power/ Switched for people to consider are, ->

Leaving the run from the fused block - Putting an additional switch in-line between the other switches. That way, you would have to flip the switch ON to power the rest of the switches. Similar fashion to how people do the in cab control for the winches.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #45
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Updated the OP -

Something of note to everyone though.

Weather-pack vs Metri-pack connectors.

Metri-Pack 280 size, are rated up to 30amps per connection <- This is the connection the blocks use.

Weather-Pack are rated to 20amps.

Either option is doable and will not steer you in a different direction. You know your system, be smart in your decisions.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #46
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Hardware

Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #47
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
Any issue shipping to Canada?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #48
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No issues. Pm an address for a quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #49
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Canada, looks like the USPS is expensive. Online calculator is showing around $50. I have to go in in the morning to double check. They might have a better option.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #50
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
whos excited? this guy.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #51
SHOKER
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Name: John
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Canada, looks like the USPS is expensive. Online calculator is showing around $50. I have to go in in the morning to double check. They might have a better option.
might be a better option to Check how many you can send out to cnd.
I live in canada, and as previously discussed Canada is a whole different ball game. i can see if my local group wants any of these
Old 07-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #52
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
If you would, that would help on shipping and redistribution
Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #53
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is local to me or makes arrangements to meet up in some fashion. I offer free install too.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #54
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Placed another order for an additional 4 this evening. So anyone that paid after 6pm EST today is covered. Anyone with outstanding invoices, You will be covered on the morning order.

Weatherpack connections. I am working on a less expensive source for them, but at current pricing, they are $25 for 5 terminated on the box. Thats coming out of the 87 pin on the relay and an additional ground in there. - If you want there to be a LONG run of wire coming off of the male side, just specify the length and I will accommodate. At that price point, it is both MALE and FEMALE sides of the connection with a wire run. If none is specified. I will leave 12" off the male ends.

Paid and waiting for this box to come in. He will wire it how you want it and if you need any extra accommodations. He is glad to wire it up and add anything extra.

Can't wait to wire this bad boy up. Now to get a bracket made.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #55
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
Paid and waiting for this box to come in. He will wire it how you want it and if you need any extra accommodations. He is glad to wire it up and add anything extra.

Can't wait to wire this bad boy up. Now to get a bracket made.
Let us know what you do for a bracket and include pics please!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #56
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakyn View Post
Let us know what you do for a bracket and include pics please!
Will do. Got a buddy gonna bend some sheet metal and cut a little to see how it comes out. Will keep everyone updated with progress when I get the fuse box
Old 07-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #57
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Package should be in today with your blocks.

Waiting on the weatherpack connectors...
Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #58
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now to get a bracket made?
The 1/8x12x12 piece of aluminum that I ordered off of ebay arrived today ($13.52 shipped).

I'll be laying out my cuts and bends this weekend. Going to use a jigsaw to make my cuts, then cleanup with a file and power sander.

Once my relay box and breaker are mounted, I'll shoot some satin black paint on it.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #59
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #60
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread