Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Waterproof Fuse and Relay Boxes - RFRM (10 relay) & RTMR (5 Relay) no Blue Sea/ SPOD

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Waterproof Fuse and Relay Boxes - RFRM (10 relay) & RTMR (5 Relay) no Blue Sea/ SPOD

Off Road-Proof Box now available. No more changing fuses, Automatically resetting Breakers.- option can be added to any box

Tired of all the Relays and fuses from all the accessories just all over the place in the engine bay or elsewhere? Here is the solution. Custom Built to order, in whatever configuration you want.

RTMR 5 relays 10 fuses -> Dimensional Drawings

RFRM 10 relays 40 fuses -> Dimensional Drawings

Options

<---->RTMR 5 relays 10 fuses - $100

<---->RFRM 10 relays 40 fuses $200

Power Buses

----Standard - 2 bus (positive and negative).

----Advanced - 3rd bus if desired. So that would be 1 bus Constant power, 2nd bus Ignition switched, 3rd for ground. $

WIRE and Harness

----Standard - 10" leads on all wires not loomed. Power wires will be 3' -4' long (Unless otherwise noted. Dedicated fused power for the switches and for accessories. Included SPDT relays and Fuses

----Long loomed harnesses for switch and accessories <- specify length to accessories and switches. $ normally $15+ additional

End of Wire Connections

---- Standard - Bare. No terminations on the ends of wire.

---- Intermediate - Waterproof Butt Heat Shrink Crimp Connectors. That includes a lead with weatherproof terminals on the end to splice then hit with a heat gun.

---- Advanced - Weathercock connectors. Male female pair. Includes the non terminated female connector, seals, and the terminal pins. ~$5

Fuses vs. Breakers

---- Fuses - Included -> tell me what you want

---- Breakers - I have Type 1 Stocked (Automatic Reset after Trip) If you want type II, or III. Let me know and I will get them. $8-$10 each

POWER for Switches - Pros and cons to both, Ultimately the option is yours.

----Always On - Constant fused power in the Loom. Doing this you are able to provide power to the switches. They will always be powered in the cab.
- One idea for this is to put a switch inline for the power. In doing this, you would have to flip this switch, powering the rest of the switches.

----On With Ignition - Include a loose power wire into the braided loom. Since you will pass by the fuse block, you can use a FUSE TAP simplifying the on-with-ignition.
$5
- fuse tap, or you can source one locally any I will just leave the loose wire in the loom

SHIPPING - USPS Flat Rate Box $12.75 -> I will ship anywhere, including international. Just need to get a quote.

Mounting plates
now available- > http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-plate.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotamac View Post
I would like to announce a new product in conjunction with member skygear.
I now offer the standard mounting plate with laser cut out for the RTMR Bussmann fuse and relay block offered by member skygear.
You will need to purchase the RTMR block from skygear as I only sell the mounting plate for this product.
Please see the link below for details on skygear's RTRM block.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-sea-spod.html

RTRM mounting plate:

- Please contact me for details, Thanks!
******a Quick install note for the masses. On a Second Gen Tacoma, below our wiring harness on the drivers side, there is a tube with a 'nipple' on it. Grab it with your hand, and cut it off with a razor or a scissors. Take off your antenna for the truck, if you have a shorty, then grab one off another vehicle. Remove the driverside kick plate so it is easier to access the harness from the inside. Stick the antenna through the hole below the harness and it will pop through to the engine bay. Get some tape, duct tape or similar. Stick the antenna INSIDE the switch loom and tape the extra braided loom over the antenna as close as you can and secure it well. Pull to the inside of the cab with your antenna. DONE! Simple.

FUSE TAP/ Add A FUSE

1st gen

2nd gen

3rd Buss option for negative

Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Subd, do these come with or without a mounting bracket?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
There isa generic one that is sold. Frankly, in our trucks, might be better to make one for the specific vehicle year and accessories on a per install basis. The generic one really isn't practical for our application.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...s-spod-ha.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
On another note, there are a couple people here on TW making the custom trays for our trucks already for the Blue Sea 12 Fuse Blocks. I will link them up in here also. I bet they would cut the trays to these dimensions without too much hesitation also.

Alternatively, I could make a couple pans, they would not be as elegant as the CNC'd ones the others are making.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm.. for sure the best way to go... now i need to find the cash for the panel, before i add 5000 electrical gadgets to the truck
Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Yotamac

tooblutacoma06

In no particular order. These two have done some great work.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Payment plan? lol
Old 07-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Resident Otaku

Maybe, thats how im doing most things, buying one or two parts at a time
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
what size were you considering? The larger or smaller one? If you are genuinely interested, we could work something out.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Did you make the one for pcbuilder shown above? is that how yours is set up as well?
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No, that is from Erik on IH8MUD. I simply quoted him for the pic of the bracket.

Yes though. That is how the basic one would be setup. Minus the bracket and I would prefer to make an actual harness for the Switches. vs just having the block short terminated. The last 4 fused spots will be terminated at the request of the individuals needs.

You pick the options or snap a pic of your current setup and I can see where we can improve it.

Also can make and sell the Piggy back jumper harness to clean up the switches wiring in the back too.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has 2 harnesses about 4 feet long. one is for the switches, the other is coming off it for the actual accessories.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
You're making this very tempting. Thanks for stepping up and making these available.

I suppose you could wire-in weatherpack connectors as an option also?
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Saved for future purchase
Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #14
Resident Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
what size were you considering? The larger or smaller one? If you are genuinely interested, we could work something out.
The smaller one for now, but my money is all spent for a while... im interested, but cant buy right now
Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey TRD View Post
You're making this very tempting. Thanks for stepping up and making these available.

I suppose you could wire-in weatherpack connectors as an option also?
Yes. No problem wiring them also.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #16
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
The smaller one for now, but my money is all spent for a while... im interested, but cant buy right now
No stress. Just gauging interest. ordered couple extra for faster turnaround
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Although Kellon (tooblutacoma06) hasn't been seen for sometime IIRC
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #18
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I can source a local shop. Or with the right measurements, start fabbing them too. The issue is that people want different things on the mounts. I want 2 breakers which I will be making a new mount for next week
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #19
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Placed another order for an additional 4 this evening. So anyone that paid after 6pm EST today is covered. Anyone with outstanding invoices, You will be covered on the morning order.

Weatherpack connections. I am working on a less expensive source for them, but at current pricing, they are $25 for 5 terminated on the box. Thats coming out of the 87 pin on the relay and an additional ground in there. - If you want there to be a LONG run of wire coming off of the male side, just specify the length and I will accommodate. At that price point, it is both MALE and FEMALE sides of the connection with a wire run. If none is specified. I will leave 12" off the male ends.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #20
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a 3 pin male weatherpak connector? Wanna sell it of so?

Products Discussed in this Thread