Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTT: Chrome bumper for Silver Streak Mica

Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
WTT: Chrome bumper for Silver Streak Mica

I'm in the process of ridding my truck of all chrome. The biggest hunk of chrome on any truck is the rear bumper.

I'm considering painting it either black or color-match, but ideally I would trade one of you TRD Sport guys for your factory color-match.

If the price is right I suppose I would buy a silver bumper from somebody who installed an after-market ARB or something, but I'm not really looking to spend much money right now and the cheapest I've seen folks selling bumpers for is $300+.

Let me know if there's any interest.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I think the only way to get a silver rear bumper is to get it painted. All of the SSM tacos, except for the base model, come with chrome rear bumpers if I am not mistaken
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
All colors of the TRD Sport trucks have color-matched rear bumpers.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #5

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
No worries, now you know.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #6

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Saw Oakley's thread and made me want to ask... Anybody w/ a SSM TRD Sport doing the same?

EDIT: Looks like I already asked this question in my OP. They say that memory is the first thing to go. Whatever... sorry for bumpin' my own shiz.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
I think I would find a black base bumper and repaint IT instead of trying to paint over chrome. You'll get much better adhesion that way. .02

you could always sell your chrome one to offset the costs.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #8

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
I think I would find a black base bumper and repaint IT instead of trying to paint over chrome. You'll get much better adhesion that way. .02

you could always sell your chrome one to offset the costs.
Thanks. I've considered that, too. I need to look into how much those cost.

I'm headed to the Stealership tomorrow to get some new plugs and will ask when I'm there. I might not even need to paint the black one. I don't trust myself to color match any bumper (chrome or black) and make it look good, so if I paint anything it'll be painted black. Buying a black one might just be the easiest thing to do.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #9

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I ALMOST had a deal worked out to trade a guy bumpers +$100, but it looks like he was able to sell his truck before we could make it happen. Great for him, but not so much for me.

Oh well... Like I told him, it was more important that he get his truck sold than I get a new bumper.

I'm offering the same deal: I'll drive a reasonable distance (almost drove to Douglasville, GA) and swap the bumpers myself (w/ a little assistance - can't lift, hold, and bolt myself) and pay $100 for a SSM TRD Sport bumper in good shape.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #10

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Friday bump for my long-shot offer.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
cl3an slat3 will become famous soon enoughcl3an slat3 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: Medic WHMC
cl3an slat3's Tacoma Gallery
Just happened to come across this after seeing your post. Maybe something you would be interested in.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/1168341712.html