1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 FS

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Idaholandho, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Dec 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho [OP] The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    1991 Toyota Land Cruiser

OME 2.5 Heavy Duty Lift - Shocks, Springs and Sway Bars - Fantastic Ride
    4.88 Yukon Gears and Bearings from Randy's Ring and Pinion
    Inner and Outer Chromoly Axles from Marlin Crawler
    Chromoly Birfields from Marlin Crawler
    New Front end seals and shims
    ARB Lockers - Front and Rear
    ARB Compressor with ARM valve and gauge - Compressor is not the current release
    ARB Safari Snorkel
    Toyota Parts Tune up 12k ago including
    Valves adjusted
    New Belts
    New Oil pan gasket
    Stainless Extended Brake Lines
    EFI wiring upgrade
    GM Fuel Pump with new OEM Toyota fuel lines
    Pioneer deck with Pioneer front and rear speakers - wired for sub and amp
    Magnaflow exhaust
    Cooper 285/75R/16 SST Tires
    The AC has been retrofitted and blows cold
    Has been serviced regularly and nothing mechanical has ever been overlooked.
    I had to replace the ignition switch after a lost key fiasco and the new ignition sits a bit lower in the housing but, not a big deal.

Notes and/or items needed:
    Interior fan does not blow on the highest setting.
    Speedo Gear from Slee Off Road - Reads about 10 miles fast
    Needs Antenna
    Axles need serviced every 60k
    Rear Tailgate Bolt Missing
    Needs Transfer Case/Trans Vent lines extended
    I have no 3rd seat. It set it self on fire while camping.
    Very tiny and slow Radiator Leak, I add a few ounces every 500 - 1000 miles.
    Dash is cracked

*installing new windshield Tues AM.

Boring ass video of a drive and a walk around at the end. Please note how well the LC drives and shifts. It is a pleasure to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XMIiWxO1Qs&list=UU6wDuNnqxzBhwfepcivkv4A

The LC runs incredible and looks fantastic. The body is straight and the paint is good with normal wear and tear. There is no rust at all.
    The ride is perfect and has never left us stranded. My daughter has been driving it here and there for the last few years because she loves it, otherwise it sits in my shop. Time for a new project. I would not hesitate to drive it across the country.
    I would entertain trading for a 1st generation Tacoma and can add cash for the right truck. I also would not hesitate to trade for a combination of firearms. If I can not find the right truck or guns I am looking to sell for $5,500. I hold a clear title and am happy to provide a Carfax report upon request.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dec 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    XJfella95

XJfella95 Product Developer

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Reading Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco DCSB
    A Few
    killer deal, free bump

3. Dec 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    cheeseit

cheeseit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5/TRD OR Tacoma
    3 inch toytec lift
    If you weren't in Idaho I would be all over this...

4. Dec 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    This is a steal

5. Dec 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    We would love to have it, great deal and just what my son is looking for. Checked on shipping and at 1300-1500 it kills it. Very nice rig.

6. Dec 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM
    Idaholandho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    Thanks!

:).
    Yep

Thanks, it is a good deal and a perfect rig for him. I have seen some pretty nice ones in your area on Toyota Nation/LC as well.

7. Dec 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    A)
    Are you sure it's the radiator and not a head gasket? (has it been changed?)

B)
    What do you mean needs serviced every 6k? Are the Birfs leaking?

C) Has the Pesky Heater Hose fix been done?

D) What kind of weapons are you looking for? What kind of shooting do you do? (i.e. are you a pistol guy, prepper, AR dude, etc)

E) Where are you located? I'm in Pendleton, Oregon just a few hours from Boise.

8. Dec 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    Idaholandho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    A) Not as far as I know. Anything is possible.
    I do not have a cooling system pressure test kit but, had a friend whom does(I was not present when he hooked it up) test it about 8 months ago and he said there is a small leak in radiator.

B. Birfs are not leaking. Funny I wrote down 6k in my notes when I bought them and knew I meant 60k yet, but noted 6k. Sorry for the confusion and OP edit

C. I have not changed that pita hose.

Within the last month changed the temp sensor and the temp sending unit as it was running a bit rich and the temp gauge stopped working. Coolant was dribbling down from sensor and resting around sending unit eating up the wires.

D. I am a fan of quality firearms much like you and having every hand gun I will ever need I tend to have a larger use for AR's and tactical gear.

The LC is in great shape for a 1991. But, in fact it is a 1991 and not perfect. I also have seen my share of LC's for sale and there is no doubt that the price is very fair. 45 years of age, kids educated, grown and married for 26 years. I retired a few years back and I tend to take care of all my vehicles because I have nothing else to do except hunt, shoot and punch hookers.
    I have taken in consideration what I feel needs attention and adjusted the price to what I know to be a fair one for all.

I am in Southern Idaho about 5 hours from Pendleton and make it to the Wildhorse to play in the annual Fall Poker Round up. Wife and I have been actively looking at homes in Oregon yet, wont be back through till the roads are better through the pass.

I would be happy to take many more pics if needed for any of the PM's I am getting. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  9. Dec 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    Idaholandho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    More pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dec 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter Sailing the high Puddle's

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Flux capacitor and bi-plane wings
    Don't mind me Im just drooling

11. Dec 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    Idaholandho

Member:
    Vehicle:
  12. Dec 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    The single booger hook steering sold it for me man. :D

PM me a location and I'll be there Saturday morning cash in hand.

Edit: I'm sure you want to keep your plates, should I bring a temp trip or can I mail them back once I make it back home?

13. Dec 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    The Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Dam! That was fast! Haha

14. Dec 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    Nice buy. Lucky you.

15. Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    1rooster

1rooster TACOMA31750

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra crewmax
    5100's ALL WAY AROUND, 885X COILS, DRIVER SIDE LEAN SPACER, ICON PROGRESSIVE AAL W/O OVERLOAD, 265/75/16 KENDA KLEVER M/T. 1 1/4 SPIDERTRAC WHEEL SPACERS, GEN 1 TRD COLD AIR INTAKE, STOCK MUFFLER WITH CHOPPED TURNDOWN, 5% TINT OVER FACTORY, DEBADGED, TOYOTA RUBBER BED MAT, WEATHERTECH MATS,UWS TOOLBOX, UNDERCOVER SE, LOCKER MOD, REAR BUMPER, PIONEER DOUBLE DIN WITH PARKING BREAK OVER RIDE, CUSTOM OIL CATCH CAN, FULL LED INTERIOR, ARB BUMPER REPLACEMENT. COVERKING SEAT COVERS. MORIMOTO H1 MINI COVERSION WITH MINI GATLIN GUN SHROUDS AND 5000K MORIMOTO BULBS. TRAILER PLUG RELOCTED TO BUMPER. 20 INCH LED LIGHTBAR MOUNTED BEHIND CUSTOM PAINTED GRILL. STUBBY ATNENNA
    Maby I missed it but what kind/size engine does this beast have in it?

16. Dec 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    The '91/'92 LC's all have the 3FE 4.0 inline six motors with a whopping 155HP. '93 and up LC80's have a lot more power, but have head gasket problems and other issues. The 3FE is like a tractor motor, and commonly run over 300K miles on stock internals due to the low rpm.

I don't have the title yet, don't jinx me!

17. Dec 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    CenTexasTaco

CenTexasTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grayson
    Atlanta, and a ranch way out in Texas away from al
    Vehicle:
    2011 red sr5
    Congrats man we got a 79 on our deer leese and it has yet to fail us other than having the batt die once and over heating once as well. Damn near can take it anywhere and not worry about a problem

18. Dec 15, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    Idaholandho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    He's been eyeballin' it.

No doubt a good buy. I am glad it is going to stay in the TW family. I didn't want it to fall in the Craigslist broth of fucktards.

The motors are coveted by many as, they will run forever as long as the oil is changed like it should be. It has been well cared for on the Land Ho Farm.
    As you know most say the 80 series is the best Toyota ever made.
    Title? you need a title too? Was just going to write the vin on a napkin and sign it.

19. Dec 16, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    The Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine

:rofl:

20. Dec 16, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    Congrats bro, that's a sweet truck. I've been eyeballing it about half tempted to make an offer. Now I guess I can stop.

Products Discussed in

To Top