1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05-08 Tacoma UniChip

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by windsor, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jan 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Put it back on my truck.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Jan 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Can you feel the difference? Does it change MPG either way?

3. Jan 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    I noticed it most when towing my car. It responded better and seemed to pull better with it than it does without it. Daily driving, it seemed to be more peppy. As far as MPG, I haven't noticed any difference with or without. The only difference I noticed as far as fuel is that my truck idles richer when cold without it.

4. Jan 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM
    Ojohnson

Ojohnson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ollie
    York, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Replaced OEM lights with LED's for the following: MAP, Dome, License plate, and reverse lights.
    Excuse my ignorance but I am new to the whole MOD scene. What is the purpose of a "Unichip" and what does it do?

5. Jan 7, 2015 at 4:52 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    It adjusts timing and fuel to optimize performance in conjunction with other components. They are programmed for different applications. This one is programmed for AFE stage 2 CAI and a cat back exhaust. Some people notice a difference to different degrees, some have no noticable change in performance. Unless you have what it's programmed for, or plan to put those on, don't waste your money. You probably won't notice jack.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  6. Jan 9, 2015 at 8:10 AM
    Ojohnson

Member:
    First Name:
    Ollie
    York, SC
    Vehicle:
    Replaced OEM lights with LED's for the following: MAP, Dome, License plate, and reverse lights.
    Thanks! I'm trying not to ask too many Newb questions but you guys use so many terms I've never heard of and abbreviations that I'm lost half the time lol. Is there a thread that has been made to explain al the abbreviations? Like I still don't know why AC stands for. And in the context I've seenit used it can't be air conditioning. People use it to describe what kind of Tacoma they have.

7. Jan 9, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No problem. I don't know if there is a thread that has the TW dictionary. Though I think Beavis'd was recently added. AC- Access Cab.

8. Jan 9, 2015 at 8:38 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
  9. Jan 11, 2015 at 9:25 PM
    Ojohnson

Member:
    First Name:
    Ollie
    York, SC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks a lot you guys did my first mods!!! If you can call them
    That LOL. I installed LED MAP lights, Dome Light, Reverse lights, and license plate lights. Looks awesome now!

10. Jan 12, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Still available.

11. Jan 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    LOL! Nice to hear!

So tempted. I have the right setup.... grrrrrrrrr

12. Jan 12, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Comes with a switch blank. So you don't even have to worry about cutting one of yours up. ;)

13. Jan 13, 2015 at 8:44 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    you mean there are people that haven't used all theirs up?

14. Jan 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Some. Hey, it's an option. I only have an open one because I put my power slider switch in the coin holder cubby so it can't be seen.

15. Jan 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    :D and now that I've read all about it.... where did you have the gauge?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  16. Jan 21, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I never had or used the Flux display, which is what I am assuming you are referring to. When I wanted to see the parameters, I hooked up my Ethos.

17. Jan 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    So basically, the entire thing except switch tucks behind the glove? Although I got rid of my AirRaid, I have a snorkel which I would think gets a little more air to the engine. I have a cat back split to dual exhaust. Have any idea what it would take to reprogram? I'm buying a camper, and I KNOW how our Tacos struggle with towing...

18. Jan 22, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I used high strength Velcro to secure the boxes behind the kick panel.
    I think to reprogram, you can get the software from UniChip or find a shop that does it.

19. Jan 30, 2015 at 6:49 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    If my dang customers would get their payments to me... : - )

20. Jan 30, 2015 at 8:34 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Gotta make money to spend money. I understand that.

Products Discussed in

To Top