Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Retainer clips/ D-Rings

Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Retainer clips/ D-Rings

I am looking to pick up some extra retaining clips that hold the mudflaps on. I have the screws but some of the clips have broken off. I have since removed the front flaps but i want to put them back on. I also am looking for any extra d-rings for sale.
thanks
gonzo
Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo6up View Post
I am looking to pick up some extra retaining clips that hold the mudflaps on. I have the screws but some of the clips have broken off. I have since removed the front flaps but i want to put them back on. I also am looking for any extra d-rings for sale.
thanks
gonzo
You can buy the OEM clips from Toyota. i found that the clips sold at the auto stores do not hold well, wrong sizes, etc. I used Nylon nuts and bolts, (license plate mounting hardware) that you can buy very cheaply.
D rings from toyota too, or there are a few threads regarding extra d rings with links to where to buy from off the internet.http://www.trailer-parts-forless.com.../10090016.html
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...r-500-3752.cfm
Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Go OEM. They are inexpensive.

I broke 3 within the first 3 weeks i had my 09' due to backing into snow covered driveways for my work. I went in to the dealer and made them give me bag of them.

Mine were 'free', but i do remember hearing the price at the time and it was in proportion to what you might think crappy little plastic clips would be.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks guys for the info.