Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: how much should I sell my 09 for?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about selling 09 TRD 4x4. need advice

2009 4x4TRD off road, V6,SR5,tow pkg, sockmonkey custom Decals( can put stock back on)TSB leaf spgs, manual tran, 13k miles(all hwy), like new interior, couple rock chips on hood, but will repair.
Sorry to waste your time, but i value your opinions:
im thinking about selling my truck because im having a really hard time making payments. Do i sell back to dealer or sell it myself? I paid a little over $29k tax title, etc.hoping to sell for $27k i want to buy another one this winter when i get a roomate to help with rent/ bills. thanks in advance for your help...
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you figure out out how to keep it outlaw. Looks like a great tacoma Best on selling if you have to.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
I hope you figure out out how to keep it outlaw. Looks like a great tacoma Best on selling if you have to.
thanks, I appreciate it Xedge.
i really dont want to sell it
Do you think it would better to sell it myself or back to the dealer?
i have never owned a new car/ truck and dont even know what to ask for a new/used vehicle.
how much $ does one typically lose after selling a vehicle that is 5 months old? There are still new 09s on the lot and wondering if someone would pay a couple grand less for a slightly used new truck.
Again, any advice is welcome...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
sell it yourself if you can...but keep in mind that it would probably take some time to find someone willing to buy it. Another option would be for somebody to take over the payments. The dealer would probably want to buy it for 22k maybe?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #5

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
sell it yourself if you can...but keep in mind that it would probably take some time to find someone willing to buy it. Another option would be for somebody to take over the payments. The dealer would probably want to buy it for 22k maybe?
thanks for the advice inacoma.
Any tips for advertising? Craigslist or Ebay? Truck trader etc?
I still owe about 26,5 for it so would be willing to do that too.
thanks again
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear you're selling. Truck looks great, I don't think you will have a problem selling it for what you owe or maybe a little more. Why not post it up on this forum. you never know. Is it a 4 or 6 cyl? Good luck with the sale and hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #7

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Sorry to hear you're selling. Truck looks great, I don't think you will have a problem selling it for what you owe or maybe a little more. Why not post it up on this forum. you never know. Is it a 4 or 6 cyl? Good luck with the sale and hope everything works out for you.
Thanks. Its a 6. guess i forgot to put that in there.
ummm... i kinda am posting it, sort of. this is in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
It's going to be tough getting $26.5-$27K.
New Tacomas that list for over $30K can be bought for those numbers or even less.
Your mileage is a bit high too.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #9

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
It's going to be tough getting $26.5-$27K.
New Tacomas that list for over $30K can be bought for those numbers or even less.
Your mileage is a bit high too.
I definately have some miles logged on, but the engines are not even broke in until around 15,000miles. I travel for my job, so needed a good winter driving vehicle. Which is why I would like to buy again this winter. I dont know what i could sell it for. i guess hope that someone wants the tow pkg, and manual V6, and upgraded suspension and longbed. I had a hard time finding this truck with these options. Lots of doublecabs, automatics, etc, but this was tough to find. Oh well, i can always eat Ramen, right?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
I definately have some miles logged on, but the engines are not even broke in until around 15,000miles. I travel for my job, so needed a good winter driving vehicle. Which is why I would like to buy again this winter. I dont know what i could sell it for. i guess hope that someone wants the tow pkg, and manual V6, and upgraded suspension and longbed. I had a hard time finding this truck with these options. Lots of doublecabs, automatics, etc, but this was tough to find. Oh well, i can always eat Ramen, right?
The color,manual trans and option pkg may help you.
Put some ads out there and see if someone bites.
Good luck!