1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much should I sell my Tonneau cover for?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by mbarr, May 11, 2009.

1. May 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    mbarr

mbarr [OP] mgb2

Member:
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    06' PreRunner X-SP
    3" Pro-Comp lift. 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. 20x9 Driv Growler (-12) wheels. T-Rex billet grills. 8" shorty radio antenna. K&N Cold Air intake. Husky Liner floor mats and Crabon Fiber dash. TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, & Shifter.
    Anyone know the going rate on a used Tonneau cover?* I have a Penda Tonneau cover in fiberglass that is color matched in white on my 06' Tacoma short bed.* It was already on the truck when I bought it, I like it but I just got a dirt bike and need to take it off.* New, they seem like they go for around $700 to $900 before paint;* I was thinking $400 to $600.* Too much, too little?

Tacoma 7.jpg
    Tacoma 5.jpg

2. May 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    $400 is a good deal i believe.

3. May 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    jholland52

jholland52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bothell WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Trimmed mud flaps, blue headlights and fog lights, flowmaster muffler, K&N drop in filter.... plenty more to come!
    Free! TO ME! lol i wish i had the cash for one i really like them....

4. May 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    not to thread jack but i was contemplating the same thing here i have a sungtop but was wondering what i could get for mine ?

5. May 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Whatever someone will pay??

It's a used part- Kinda hard to value it. If you are a pro-detailer or body guy it might be in new/better than new shape. If you are a working guy-It might not be worth anything.

Throw it out there with a price and an OBO and see what happens??

6. May 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    MUDFISH

MUDFISH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    12 Double Cab SR5
    when I was looking for a hard tonneau, I was looking at the $00-$500 price range... but it's hard because you will need to find a local buyer in the same color to get that price... not many people will be willing to add another couple hundred at least for shipping and paint...

7. May 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    Toy Maker 1

Toy Maker 1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Crew Cab

Products Discussed in

To Top