Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Dom, Cromoly Tubing?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
909tacoma is on a distinguished road
909tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dom, Cromoly Tubing?

Does anyone know of a place where I can get some DOM or cromoly tubing for my roll cage?
I know that stuff is expensive, just thought somebody on here might know of a place or have the hook up somewhere in the So. California area (909)
Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909tacoma View Post
Does anyone know of a place where I can get some DOM or cromoly tubing for my roll cage?
I know that stuff is expensive, just thought somebody on here might know of a place or have the hook up somewhere in the So. California area (909)
if you lived out here i could get you some, but the stuff is too heavy to ship to make it worth your while
Old 11-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
if you lived out here i could get you some, but the stuff is too heavy to ship to make it worth your while
Thanks anyways...Yeah 20 foot sticks might not be the cheapest to ship..
I wanna go with cromoly, but that gets mighty expensive... I gotta do some thinking..
Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats some good stuff. All my BMX bikes were chromolly, that stuff is indestructable! I refused to buy any bike that wasn't 100% full chromolly. unfortunately it's heavy as hell. a tiny BMX bike in full chromolly weighs almost 40lbs. Thats alot considering the size of the bike
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Thats some good stuff. All my BMX bikes were chromolly, that stuff is indestructable! I refused to buy any bike that wasn't 100% full chromolly. unfortunately it's heavy as hell. a tiny BMX bike in full chromolly weighs almost 40lbs. Thats alot considering the size of the bike
Pfft! Whimp, get to the gym. :P
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #6

chromoly is not only expensive, but look at the heavy aspect in a different way. if you build an entire roll cage out of it, your center of gravity will be raised and you'll be adding 400-500 pounds to your truck depending on how big the cage will be. every 100lbs is roughly a tenth of a second off of your 1/4mile times, so figure 500lbs will slow u down another half second
Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Quote:
chromoly is not only expensive, but look at the heavy aspect in a different way. if you build an entire roll cage out of it, your center of gravity will be raised and you'll be adding 400-500 pounds to your truck depending on how big the cage will be. every 100lbs is roughly a tenth of a second off of your 1/4mile times, so figure 500lbs will slow u down another half second
No doubt cromoly is expensive, but it is lighter and withstands impact better then mild steel...
I'm not concerned about how much time it's gonna add... I'm concerned about my safety... I will compensate for the added weight in other areas...
Once I get the ball rolling I will post up pics of the work in progress...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday I had a shipment of 2" .120 seamless chromoly arrive at the shop that's building my truck. Materials thus far have come to just under $1500 for a SCORE-compliant cage.

I'll ask who their supplier is when I stop back in the shop on Saturday. If you'd like to call on your own, ask for Bob Carroll at Carroll's Rod & Racecraft (732-416-9887). Tell them Mike with the Tacoma referred you. He's a cool guy and is very helpful.

Both the shop and I are located in NJ so I don't see him being concerned with giving business away to the competition.

For examples of some of their work, check out http://www.neverliftracecraft.com
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiVR6r View Post
Pfft! Whimp, get to the gym. :P
You're a wimp!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #10

Quote:
No doubt cromoly is expensive, but it is lighter and withstands impact better then mild steel...
I'm not concerned about how much time it's gonna add... I'm concerned about my safety... I will compensate for the added weight in other areas...
Once I get the ball rolling I will post up pics of the work in progress...
well the extra weight is good justification to get an intake and exhaust to compensate for it right ?!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Quote:
well the extra weight is good justification to get an intake and exhaust to compensate for it right ?!
Yeah why not.. I really want to do a V-8 swap...
It's my daily driver for now so the mods are gonna be somewhat contained...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

AED

Thats were we buy all of our frame material for the race cars

for small 8' sections. onlinemetals.com carries alot
Justin
Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Yeah why not.. I really want to do a V-8 swap...
It's my daily driver for now so the mods are gonna be somewhat contained...
hmm....a v8 swap huh? i wonder if anyone on here has any experience with that, because if it was fairly easy i'd rather do that than to turbo my v6
Old 11-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen somebody put a Lexus v8 in the tacoma. He didn't really get that much better performance. It seems like he did it just to say he had a v8 taco.