LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS Automatic Locking Rear Differential Powertax No-Slip (Lock-Right) by Richmond Gear

Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
FS Automatic Locking Rear Differential Powertax No-Slip (Lock-Right) by Richmond Gear

SOLD

This Automatic locking differential was installed in my truck for ~ 2K mi. It is in great shape.
I'm asking $375 obo, since it has so little use and has no wearable parts.
FREE SHIPPING to continental US will ship elsewhere for small fee.

Very easy to install as it takes the place of your existing spider gears:
Fits inside of standard open carrier case only! (not Posi Case!)
Fully automatic locking operation.
Rearend: Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, T100, Sequoia rear dropouts.
Spline Count: 30
Part # 92-2080-3002

The POWERTRAX® TRACTION SYSTEMS are the latest design in traction adding differential technology. It combines the smooth operation of a limited-slip differential, with the traction performance of a locking differential.

A precise synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other locking differentials. Special gear and spring design reduce the backlash and therefore driveline windup. Only ultra strength material is used which is 67% stronger than titanium.

Installation is simple because no ring and pinion set-up is required. In addition, no special tools or oils are needed. Step by step model specific instructions are provided with every kit.

The POWERTRAX® TRACTION SYSTEMS are the ideal solution for just about any light truck, sport utility, and muscle car on the road today. Whether you need the safety of added traction for daily commuting, recreation, work, or just so your muscle car puts power to the pavement instead of burning one wheel up, the POWERTRAX® TRACTION SYSTEMS are your answer.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure I'll get questions about why I'm selling this item if its "so great". The answer:
I'm re-gearing to 4.56 front and rear and installing an ARB air locker in the front. I figured I should go ahead and upgrade to ARB in the rear too.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #4

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
OakleyTRD has been wanting one of these. I sent him a text, hopefully he can get it from you.
Thanks man I appreciate the promo.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
OakleyTRD has been wanting one of these. I sent him a text, hopefully he can get it from you.
Me too but we both have the TRD SPort, wont work with our LSD
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #6

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I tell you what, I'll throw in my open carrier for FREE. It's just got some marks on it where I had to grind off a bolt head. I can include a picture if you'd like.

You'll have to make sure that your ring gear would fit the new carrier and probably have the backlash re-setup.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #7

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pics of the carrier I'll throw in for FREE, if you've got an LSD rear. I'll probably need to charge about $10 for shipping, because this thing is heavy. Comes with shims and bearing covers. The grinding marks should not significantly affect the strength of the carrier.

The shadows make the grinding look deeper in the overhead shots than it actually is.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #8

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
did you really only run this for 2k miles???

did we figure out if this will fit in the LSD rear or not???
I installed it in March and took it out last night. I'm not sure the exact mileage, but it's around 2K mi. At the time I got it, I thought there was no way I could afford ARB. Things changed and now I can afford to do the setup I REALY wanted to do all along.

This unit will not fit in an LSD case, but will I'll give you my open diff carrier case for free + $10 shipping charge. Before you buy it, you'll need to make certain that the open carrier case will fir in your 3rd and that your ring rear will fit on the case. They should fit, but you should make sure before buying.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
How well did it work when going around corners?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #10

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool man.

FWI, there aren't any autolockers that will fit into an LSD case. No matter what kind of locker you get, you'll have to replace your carrier.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
kind of a newb question:

I have a 2002 Non-trd prerunner, wil lit fit my diff?
ive been wanting to get a whole new rearend with an e-locker. but i think this would be the same.. and alot cheaper right?

how does it drive? any noticeable difference with cornering and whatnot? i recall people talking about the e-locker and how u cant go over a certain speed limit and fast cornering.

im new with this stuff but i really want to get a locking diff in my truck becuase i want to start doing trails and small offroading.

any help would be great
Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #12

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
kind of a newb question:

I have a 2002 Non-trd prerunner, wil lit fit my diff?
ive been wanting to get a whole new rearend with an e-locker. but i think this would be the same.. and alot cheaper right?

how does it drive? any noticeable difference with cornering and whatnot? i recall people talking about the e-locker and how u cant go over a certain speed limit and fast cornering.

im new with this stuff but i really want to get a locking diff in my truck becuase i want to start doing trails and small offroading.

any help would be great
It's not the exact same as an e-locker because you can't switch it on and off. If you've got an automatic transmission, you'll hardly notice it's there (except for the much improved traction). If you have a manual it's about 90% transparent.

According to the Powertax application guide it will fit your truck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PTRAXAPP.pdf (6.27 MB, 61 views)
Old 06-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
It's not the exact same as an e-locker because you can't switch it on and off. If you've got an automatic transmission, you'll hardly notice it's there (except for the much improved traction). If you have a manual it's about 90% transparent.

According to the Powertax application guide it will fit your truck.
did you have it in your daily driver? how does it perform on the street, like cornering and high speeds?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #14

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I've used auto lockers in my last 2 daily drivers. At high speeds you definitely can't tell it's there. The only time it's noticable is when your taking sharp right turns and driving really slow. If you have an auto tranny you probably won't even notice it then.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
"Not you, fat jesus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
I've used auto lockers in my last 2 daily drivers. At high speeds you definitely can't tell it's there. The only time it's noticable is when your taking sharp right turns and driving really slow. If you have an auto tranny you probably won't even notice it then.
well sweeet. how much you askin for it again? could you hold it for a day or two while i get the funds, gotta ask the parents to forward me money since i havent started my summer job yet.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
jarrodh77 is on a distinguished road
jarrodh77's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Powertrax in my 04 Ram 1500 quad cab as a daily driver. You won't know it's there at high speeds. Occasionally I could hear it engage/disengage when I put my foot on or off the gas, but you have to be listening for it. I noticed it most when turning sharply from a stop like from a stop sign it would chirp the inside tire, but you get used to it and learn how to drive with it. Overall, the extra traction is worth the very slight annoyance on road.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in it too, just can't seem to find out what size ring gear I have.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #18

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I'm interested in it too, just can't seem to find out what size ring gear I have.
I'm not sure whether it will fit the carrier case for a 5 lugger. You could call richmond gear and ask them what part number is for your truck...

Tech Support for Richmond Gear (the manufacturer):
http://www.richmondgear.com/02form.html
Old 06-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #19

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
well sweeet. how much you askin for it again? could you hold it for a day or two while i get the funds, gotta ask the parents to forward me money since i havent started my summer job yet.
I'm selling for $375 with FREE shipping. You will only need to replace your carrier IF you have an LSD rear. If that is the case then I'll give you mine for a $10 shipping fee.

I'll sell to the first person who I receive money from preferably PayPal
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #20
Texan
MudontheTires is on a distinguished road

MudontheTires's Tacoma Gallery
hmm i'm kinda interested and you wouldn't even need to do shipping.. does it affect gas mileage any? how much does this usually cost brand new if you don't mind me askin

Products Discussed in this Thread