Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Custom Emblems

Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Emblems

One day my friend showed me a picture of a custom emblem and asked me if I could make something similiar for his truck. The company I am with recently acquired a waterjet so I figured I could give it a shot. Since I have access to all the tools I need to make these things, I can put any kind of design into the basic oval exterior of the Toyota symbol. Mostly I have been working on college themed ones but I could easily put other designs inside. My friend challenged me to make one of those devil horn emblems just to test the process and it turned out quite nice. Unfortunately, I dont think I will be able to sell those due to some kind of copyright infringement. I certainly dont want any beef with Toyota. However, I am selling the others for $75 plus shipping, This could vary depending on how complicated the design is.

Each emblem takes some considerable time and hard work to put out. First, the oval with the design is cut by waterjet. Since this leaves only a 2d cut in the metal, the sides have to be ground down by hand then sanded. After the part is shaped it is shipped off to get powder coated. The price given includes a basic powdercoat. This gives the part a nice color and shine.

Since these parts have to be sent to a powder coater, I need to send them in batches. The first batch will be sent in on June 29th so try to let me know ASAP what you are interested in.

These are some pictures of the emblems I have made so far.
Note that the devil horn ones are not for sale for reasons listed above. It is just there for an example of what can be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Emblems-black-collage.jpg   Custom Emblems-silver-collage.jpg  
Old 06-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
oh snap looking good could you so the sx like my avatar?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

Yeah, absolutely. Do you have a larger picture of that?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
ROCKYBOY is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Weatherman
ROCKYBOY's Tacoma Gallery
Could you sell me an unfinished, un-powdercoated emblem, i gotta get a longhorn logo! I have a small powder coating machine and would love to get mine burnt orange!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Jazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura about

Jazzfan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Come up with a custom TACOMA for the side of the truck.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #8

Just a reminder, next week is the last week of orders before I make a shipment to the powder coaters. If you would like something, please let me know asap so we'll have enough time to get these made.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
DARK NIGHT
jneedham is on a distinguished road
jneedham's Tacoma Gallery
can you do the new batman symbol?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait til I see these on guys trucks I may end up getting one down the road, just want to see how everyones turns out, I hope you get lots of interest, great work man
Old 06-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
That shit looks SICK!!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #13

Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneedham View Post
can you do the new batman symbol?

Haha, funny that you ask that. I made some miniature batarangs the other day. So I can easily take that same design and put it inside the emblem. I have a picture on my computer at home, I'll post it when i get there.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #14

Here are the pics of the batarangs

Old 06-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
DARK NIGHT
jneedham is on a distinguished road
jneedham's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome I want one!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
possibly down the line once others have theirs, and I can actually come up with a logo I might definitely be interested. Keep this up though it's a great idea!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #19

Any last minute takers before I cut the last couple to get shipped off?