Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Undercover or Armor Lid Tonneau

Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Undercover or Armor Lid Tonneau

I am looking to buy an Undercover or Armor Lid hard tonneau cover for an '08 in the Baton Rouge/Denham Springs/Hammond area. I need all the brackets, and would prefer to see it on your truck before I buy it.

Dale
Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
go to the link up there:shop online, auto anything, good prices on tonneau covers
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have sold both the Armor lid and th Undercover (I sell auto accessories) and would not recommend the Armor Lid. Not that it is a bad cover but they are made with inferior hardware and an odd textured plastic cover. It certainly does not justify the relatively small difference in price if buying new.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
You will find some companies or body shops who will paint them. I would not recommend to have it done (could be possible future paint issues) and the black would look great on your silver truck. As for the light inside the batteries are replaceable but I have no idea how long you can expect them to last (probably differs greatly from one owner to the next). It is fairly bright for such a small light.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
05silvertacoma is on a distinguished road
05silvertacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up My U-Cover Install

I got the Undercover a year ago and am very happy with it. As Rtm2taco observed, the cover goes well with the silver-your bed is a black plastic composite also. The Undercover is engineered for your truck, No generic instruction/photos here! It'll take longer than the 1/2 hour they say, but is worth it! It kept everything in the bed dry this past winter and we had snow that stayed 2 1/2 weeks this past winter. Not long for most of you out there, but for the Seattle area- a long time. About lighting, I added some stick on lighting (5 leds) that way there's no hard wiring/grounding or unplugging issues. They just don't reccommend you drill any holes (voids the warranty) Good Luck!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover

Anyone with good up close pics of your Undercover? I would like to see the hinges, brackets, and such installed. I found some pics on different sites, but none of Tacomas.

Thanks,
Dale