Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: TRD Off-Road Stock Front Skidplate

Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: TRD Off-Road Stock Front Skidplate

I have this just sitting in my garage. I dont need it. It has one dent in it as you can see in the picture. I hit it out a little with a hammer. The picture make it look worse than it is. And when its on the truck, its at the back so you cant see it. If anyone wants it I will take $40 local pickup here in socal. Thanks

Edit: Forgot to add that I spray painted the scratch black. The area that had the ding was very minorly scratched and I touched it up. You cant even tell.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
If you'd be willing to ship I'd take it.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
trd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
Will it fit a 4x4 Sport model?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
trd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
I will call parts tomorrow and ask.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #8
auart is on a distinguished road
Name: ART
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Same as on NEW TRD Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
my sport model came with one: this is the factory under skid guys not the TRD one.

looks a little clean tho what are you upgrading to?
This is the one that comes with the TRD package. I just bought a Brand NEw TRD Truck and this is the same SKid plate. The other one is the Accesorie you have to add seperately. Believe me, I was ill because I wanted the other one.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #9
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my sport model came with one: this is the factory under skid guys not the TRD one.

Mine is badly bent, if you take it off, it a mother to get back on. I have hammered it out quite a few times.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Oh i thought it was the TRD skid plate but painted black..woops
Old 07-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Im not upgrading. I have the TRD silver one. That sucks too though.
Quote:
if you would like to get into this cool but this one is not TRD its just the thin one from underneath, technically its standard equipment on all models. the silver one, the one directly behind this and the one over the gas tank are "TRD" Believe me, I had one

still its a solid deal for someone that need to replace theirs because i believe they sell for almost 180 at the dealer and the seller is solid
Thanks. Im just trying to help someone out if they are in need.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Be glad to send you a copy of my window sticker off a brand new TRD Truck

Quote:
if you would like to get into this cool but this one is not TRD its just the thin one from underneath, technically its standard equipment on all models. the silver one, the one directly behind this and the one over the gas tank are "TRD" Believe me, I had one
I have a Brand new TRD Tacoma bought 10 days ago. Have the window sticker and I called Toyota and asked...They say "The TRD is a Package, and the black one is the one that comes with the TRD package, as listed on the window sticker... "
The Silver is the Accessory Skid Plate you can ADD-on. Take a look at all the TRD Off Road Trucks on this website, most have the black one exactly like this one.. A Few have the Accessory one that was added for looks after the TRD package on the truck.
Trust me, I went round and round with the Dealer and the Toyota Rep to make sure I didn't get screwed with not getting the right Plate!
I would prefer the silver one though!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
MEANGREENTACOMA09 is on a distinguished road
MEANGREENTACOMA09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by auart View Post
I have a Brand new TRD Tacoma bought 10 days ago. Have the window sticker and I called Toyota and asked...They say "The TRD is a Package, and the black one is the one that comes with the TRD package, as listed on the window sticker... "
The Silver is the Accessory Skid Plate you can ADD-on. Take a look at all the TRD Off Road Trucks on this website, most have the black one exactly like this one.. A Few have the Accessory one that was added for looks after the TRD package on the truck.
Trust me, I went round and round with the Dealer and the Toyota Rep to make sure I didn't get screwed with not getting the right Plate!
I would prefer the silver one though!!!
Auart,

The skid plate listed above is the standard front skit plate that comes on all Tacoma's. If you are interested in the silver accessory skid plate be sure to check online you can get it a lot cheaper and it is really easy to install yourself just having a good socket wrench. I lake the way they look also and have one. Congrats on your new truck! What color did you get?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #14
MEANGREENTACOMA09 is on a distinguished road
MEANGREENTACOMA09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANGREENTACOMA09 View Post
Auart,

The skid plate listed above is the standard front skit plate that comes on all Tacoma's. If you are interested in the silver accessory skid plate be sure to check online you can get it a lot cheaper and it is really easy to install yourself just having a good socket wrench. I lake the way they look also and have one. Congrats on your new truck! What color did you get?
Auart,

Also the silver just bolts on top of the existing skid plate, it does not replace it. Hope this helps. Best price I have seen for one is at this link for $154.00. They have great prices on everything that Toyota sells for the Tacoma.
http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/prod...c28db64ba6d824
Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #15
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Quote:
Auart,

Thanks, my NEW Truck is BLACK!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Auart,

Also the silver just bolts on top of the existing skid plate, it does not replace it. Hope this helps. Best price I have seen for one is at this link for $154.00. They have great prices on everything that Toyota sells for the Tacoma.
http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/prod...c28db64ba6d824
You can also remove the black one and add the silver one. Either way works
Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Do what you want...

Quote:
Ok there is nothing offroad about that skid plate, The same one came on my TRD sport and comes on all 6 lug models. If you would like I would be happy to go to the dealer tomorrow and take pictures of however many trucks you would like to show you that what were talking about is not the special skid plates that come on the Off Road model.

In fact look what we have here, its a picture of said skid plate off my SPORTmodel

I agree there is nothing OFF ROAD about the black one...
I am telling you I looked at one of the top volume dealers in the Southeast US, they got 16 Tacoma Double cabs, of which 10 were TRD O/R package and every single one has the "Skid Plate" listed as part of the package but all of them have the Black one. Maybe its a ripoff in the Southeast, which is part of the Southeast Toyota dealer distribution which is well known for ripoffs....
But I just bought this truck and the Toyota rep called me after I complained and gave me the line of bull about the skid plte is part of these packages, but they sell the silver one as a seperate Accessory but the silver is not automatically part of the TRD Off Road package.

its sort of a game with words I think..
I wish I could have gotten a silver one, it looks better!
I actually went by another dealer and looked at the TRD Off Orad trucks and the only one that had the silver one was one they had charged the extra 199 as a seperate accessory added on, not in the package.
So I think its a rip.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #18
auart's Tacoma Gallery
I will do it!

Quote:
im trying to tell you that the skid plates they are talking about are not the one pictured here.

heres my advise
take the 5 minutes and follow this check list:
1. go out to your truck,
2. go underneath it in front
3. find the skid plate shown in the pictures above (that is not the Off Road Package skids, yes it is a skid but it is standard)
4. look directly behind it and observe the second skid (this is one of the 2 off road skids)
5. get out from under the truck
6. move to the driver side and look at the gas tank
7. observe the plastic "skid plate" covering the tank (this is the second off road exclusive skid plate)
8. come back inside the house and post up that you saw exactly what i just described

then tomorrow go back to your dealer, find a sport model repeat steps 1-3 then come back to TW and tell me that I am correct.
The front skid is not the off road exclusive skid.

I actually already have but I will take pics of my sticker and Off ROAD Decals on the truck too... as well as underneath.
Also, looked at them at the dealer already.... I need to hire you to go to bat for me at the dealership bro...
they must be selling every single OFF ROAD TRD truck in the South with STD Skid Plates.

Heck, I will even take pictures of another truck at my office, a co-worker bought an OFF Road 2wd truck last week as well....He doesn't have the silver Skid either... Guess he got screwed too! Different dealership too!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
auart's Tacoma Gallery
You are correct

Quote:
haha i will happily go to bat for anyone against the dealer

ok so ill see what I can find to make this a little more clear

The silver skid in the picture below is the aftermarket one you are refering to, It used to come as standard Equip on the OR package

The black skid JD is selling is the standard on all models front skid plate, it comes on all the trucks (OR sport, SR5 even the base model)

the OR exclusive "skid plates" that you see listed on the sticker are two additional skids, there is one directly behind the front one and another plastic one covering the gas tank. If you go to the dealer and they have an SR5 or a sport there next to an OR crawl underneath and it will be much easier to see what i am talking about. I cant really put up pics since I don't have the OR package but I have torn enough of these trucks apart to know what I am talking about.
OK....oakleyTRD....

The Off Road Package shows Skid Plate but it is the standard black only...
The silver is only an add-on available only if it is listed by itself on the Sticker or you buy it from Toyota Parts on your own..
But, and I have you to thank for pointing this out... The OR Package has the extra plate behind the front one and the Gas tank cover. I have posted my pics in my gallery so you can click on my gallery and look through my pictures to see all the pics I took of mine, which is the Off Road 2wd model brand new.
We looked under a friends Sport model and saw that the Sport model didn't have these extra plates for protection.
So Thanks for pointing that out. I had a long discussion with my Dealer about this and told them this was one of those misleading Toyota Sticker things and they should not list "Skid Plate" in the OR sticker since most of us look upon that as the Silver one and it is NOT! Kinda like the Tow Package I paid for not coming with a Ball Mount and every 4runner I bought (2 in the last 10 yrs) came with a Ball mount (not the ball itself) and the Tacoma Tow Package does not anymore. That's a rip too!!!
Of course the dealer is giving me one as a show of good faith since I complained and I haven't done the Toyota Survey yet so they want a good rating!

Thanks again Bro!... Now check out my pics in my Gallery!
ART