Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: Vais Tech iPod adapter

Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Vais Tech iPod adapter

i'm starting to install my stereo equipment and am now selling my Vais Tech iPod adapter(model SL2i) for a toyota factory stereo. you can control your iPod via the stereo or the iPod itself. it also allows you to raise the volume of the iPod so your stereo doesn't have to be so loud. item is used but in great condition. i've done the research and this is the best iPod adapter i've found.

specs are here
http://www.vaistech.com/products/sl2i.php

this unit can be upgraded via firmware and the cable can be upgraded to control the iPhone, iPod touch 2g, iPod nano 4g.

i will include all pieces pictured and a print out of the manual. $95 shipped obo to the lower 48. no low balling please.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
the price includes shipping correct?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Does it charge your iPod or does it just connect into the headphone jack?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

are you able to control it through the ipod as well or just the headunit?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
are you able to control it through the ipod as well or just the headunit?
you can control through both. when through the headunit you control playlists. when through the iPod it functions like your iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Does it charge your iPod or does it just connect into the headphone jack?
it connects to the dock connector and charges all but the iphone, ipod touch 2g and ipod nano 4g. there is an available harness from vais tech that allows it to charge those models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
the price includes shipping correct?
yes it does include shipping to the lower 48 states
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #6

bump
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
barkerslee is on a distinguished road

barkerslee's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have this device? Will it work with a factory head unit that does not have the AM/SAT button?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
Screw your MPG's

How does your factory head unit not have an AM or Sat button?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #9

It has an AM button, but not the optional SAT feature that allows for satellite radio to be hooked directly through the factory head unit. I am looking for an alternative to a new stereo or FM modulation to hook up my iPhone.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Screw your MPG's

Yeah what is meant is that it will play either through the AM or SAT button it doesn't need to have that. I have the same headunit hope that helps any confusion. This product should work for it as well. Check the link he has posted in the first post and it should say what is compatible with it.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
Screw your MPG's

this would be better than any FM transmitter because those things are worthless in my eyes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I gave up on my FM transmitter. I've been thinking about getting this from you, but I would need the iPhone thing.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
Screw your MPG's

Yeah it's a pretty good deal I just wanna see exactly how it works before I purchase anything like this but cannot seem to find any videos on it or anything.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
Screw your MPG's

Yeah I have been thinking about purchasing one for myself but I wanna see exactly how it works before I do but I cant seem to find any videos on it.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #15

i wish it was still connected to give a demo. when in use the radio thinks its a cd changer, so sat radio doesn't matter. now it has two modes-playlist mode, which looks at a playlist as a cd in a changer. it also has simple mode, which does nothing but plays whatever you want, music, movies, audiobooks, podcasts, playlists, anything you can listen to through the data port can be done with this adapter. playlist mode shows text, simple mode does not. i always used simple mode because i listen to a lot of podcasts. changing from simple mode to playlist mode is simple, press the scan button 8 times.

this truly is the best ipod adapter i have found for the factory stereo. being able to raise the source input so it is just as loud as a cd was number one for me.

it will work with the iphone but for charging requires a different harness that can be purchased from vais tech for 30 bucks.

hope this helps and yes it is still available
Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #16

I will buy it from you. Let me know how you want to arrange it. You can give me a call at 830-822-2187 or email me sobaka@satx.rr.com to discuss.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #17

Sold