Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: TRD intake and TRD exhaust (access cab)

Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Jedidiah's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: TRD intake and TRD exhaust (access cab)

Looking for a used TRD intake and a used TRD exhaust for my access cab!

I've been looking for quite some time now!

PM me please!

Take it easy,
Sylas
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

PM'd you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
I have a TRD intake PM me. or email ahindy45276@hotmail.com
Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
TakeItEasy

Thanks man!
I was looking more for used but the price for the new exhaust on that website is pretty low!
Thanks
Sylas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
TakeItEasy

I actually swapped my muffler and have a dynomax muffler....i noticed a loss of mpg so i figured i may want to go with the trd exhaust system.

what do you think?

Quote:
If you are going for the all TRD parts thing- That is a good price. But you can do better for performance with just a muffler swap...it's ALOT cheaper too.

Just ideas..>Good luck finding what you are looking for!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
I actually swapped my muffler and have a dynomax muffler....i noticed a loss of mpg so i figured i may want to go with the trd exhaust system.

what do you think?
I don't know many muffler systems that will drastically improve the MPG over the stock system. The stock system is designed to give a balance of performance and economy.

Start changing that- You get some more performance, but lose some economy. In general, you won't make a HUGE change to mpgs with intake and exhaust.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
TakeItEasy

Oh alright. The thing i was ok with losing some economy but after swapping the muffler to the dynomax i've noticed a significant decrease in economy. I'm figuring i should get rid of the dynomax and go with a trd exhaust system since i dont have my stock muffler any more.

Quote:
I don't know many muffler systems that will drastically improve the MPG over the stock system. The stock system is designed to give a balance of performance and economy.

Start changing that- You get some more performance, but lose some economy. In general, you won't make a HUGE change to mpgs with intake and exhaust.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
TakeItEasy

Alright man this is how i noticed. I usually fill up when i get down to quarter tank. before swapping mufflers i was driving 275-280 miles. Now i'm driving below 270. I'm not really sure how to calc mpg with only a quarter tank left.

Does that sound right?
thanks

Quote:
How much of a drop??
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
TakeItEasy

Alright. Thanks for the help man!

Quote:
ehhh......5-10 miles over a tank is less than 1 mile per gallon. You need to start with a full tank to calc mpgs (at least that's all I know)

I wouldn't worry about it...and I'm not sure that the TRD system will get you back those mpgs...but you can sure try.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
berso is on a distinguished road

berso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
Alright man this is how i noticed. I usually fill up when i get down to quarter tank. before swapping mufflers i was driving 275-280 miles. Now i'm driving below 270. I'm not really sure how to calc mpg with only a quarter tank left.

Does that sound right?
thanks
To calculate MPG's do this:
fill up your tank.
reset your odo to 0.
drive it to 1/4.
fill it again.
take note of the gallons you use to fill it, and the divide the milles you drive, by the number of gallons, that;s yout MPG's.
I do this every tank since i got my taco,and have a record in an exel sheet BTW my MPG sucks so far a average 14.39, and that includes few trips where i got up to 20 mpgs.

I don't think ann exahust or intake make much difference in MGP at least not to justify the price, they are nice, they do look and sound better than stock, but for MPG's the best bet is to keep the cash and use it to buy more gas.....
Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
TakeItEasy

I will probably start doing that! Thanks for the info!
You speak the truth! Probably should saved that money for gas!
Take it easy,
Sylas

Quote:
Originally Posted by berso View Post
To calculate MPG's do this:
fill up your tank.
reset your odo to 0.
drive it to 1/4.
fill it again.
take note of the gallons you use to fill it, and the divide the milles you drive, by the number of gallons, that;s yout MPG's.
I do this every tank since i got my taco,and have a record in an exel sheet BTW my MPG sucks so far a average 14.39, and that includes few trips where i got up to 20 mpgs.

I don't think ann exahust or intake make much difference in MGP at least not to justify the price, they are nice, they do look and sound better than stock, but for MPG's the best bet is to keep the cash and use it to buy more gas.....