Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

eBay - Satoshi Grille - Primed And Ready For Paint

Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
eBay - Satoshi Grille - Primed And Ready For Paint

For sale via eBay: one Satoshi Grille with a primer gray finish.

This is the 3rd grille I've done and it's getting much easier. The last one I sold didn't get as much attention as some people thought it would and my guess was because it was chrome (I think it me and 4 other people like the chrome)

This grille was originally chrome so I sanded it down and primed it. Adhesion promoter was used to avoid the horror stories I've read about grille painting gone wrong.

Anyway, pics:

You can see some over spray on the rubber, blue painters tape doesn't like to stick to rubber but the little mini triangle grilles where taped of perfectly

Products used to achieve primerization of grille

There was a broken clip that Mr. Asshat "forgot" to mention when I bought the grille. I cleaned up the jagged edge that was there and made it nice and even. I test fitted it on my truck and played around with it, the missing clip doesn't seem to make any difference as there are 6 other points the grille is secured. You can also see in this pic that I use the zip tie method to hold the mesh.

Fitted on my truck:

Here's the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190324195767

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions or want more pics (my truck loves the attention so don't worry) just let me know.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda interested in buying but wanted the grill color matched to my magnetic gray truck, any ideas on how to get the perfect match?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Kinda interested in buying but wanted the grill color matched to my magnetic gray truck, any ideas on how to get the perfect match?

Since the grill is already primed, you could always drop it off at a local body shop and have them give it a shot of base coat, then some clear over the top. That would probably run you about 60-100 bucks depending on where you go.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
I am very interested PM me your highest price you would be willing to sell it for I'm about 2 hours away so I may be able to do pick up as well.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the sale.

Bump.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
TacoBlanco is on a distinguished road
TacoBlanco's Tacoma Gallery
Needless to say I'll be paying VERY close attention to this auction. EXTREMELY tempted...hmmmmmmm
Old 07-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #8
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
I am very interested PM me your highest price you would be willing to sell it for I'm about 2 hours away so I may be able to do pick up as well.
I think you mean lowest price, or a reasonable price. If he says, "I'd let it go for $10,000, would you pay it? Anyway, not trying to rag you. That just struck me as funny.

OP - I wish you were closer. I'd bring you my grill and pay you to do it for me. Nice work!

(Bumpitty)
Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Wow! A lot of activity since last night. Thanks for all the bumps.

Quote:
Like it was already said, take it to a body shop and from what I hear it should run under $100. You could also get some color match spray cans and go at it yourself if you're that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
The highest price I'll let it go for?

1.2 Million...you know what just make it an even Million, that's easier for everyone.

I'm just going to let the auction run it's course, kinda crappy to get someones hopes up and then screw them out of a potentially winning bid. I meant to change that last night but it's fixed now.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlanco View Post
Needless to say I'll be paying VERY close attention to this auction. EXTREMELY tempted...hmmmmmmm
You should probably just go ahead and give into that temptation...go on...do it, you know you want to.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #12
TacoBlanco is on a distinguished road
TacoBlanco's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. Keepin on eye on the auction for sure. I think I would tape it off and paint it black on the interior ring piece and then take it to a place and get it shot in white...though I bet super white is pretty easy to just do yourself. We'll see
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can also look around on some websites. I got a couple big cans of spray paint for my 06' super white Tacoma off of ebay and it came out pretty close to the trucks color.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #15

Air Force:
...Tuesday lunch break bump
Old 07-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
No shipping to Canada?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #17

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
No shipping to Canada?
I'll ship to Canada.

I had someone else ask me about it and it looks like it will run around $10 more for Priority International shipping to Canada, 6-10 days.

I tried to edit my listing to add Canada as a shipping option but it won't let me change shipping information. If anyone knows of something I'm over looking, let me know.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
$127.50 and still going...
Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm wondering how much this one will go for this time since its ready to paint?