Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WANTED: Rear Fender Flare (Silver)

Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
WANTED: Rear Fender Flare (Silver)

I am looking for a (near mint) right (passenger side) rear fender flare in silver for a 2006 Double Cab short bed.
My stepson did a number on mine and I am looking for a replacement. Let me know if you have one you are looking to sale.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Still looking for one. If anyone has one let me know.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
MTOYOTAOWNR is on a distinguished road
MTOYOTAOWNR's Tacoma Gallery
i have a pass front one in silver
Old 09-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #4

I am looking for a REAR passenger side fender flare in silver. I might consider other colors if the flare is in good condition. If anyone has one for sale let me know.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a full set, not sure if my partner will want to split. They are blue or black, very good condition.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't notice you needed a short bed, my set is for long bed. too bad because my rear ones are in very good condition
Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 AM   #7

Still looking...............
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #9
youngblood is on a distinguished road
youngblood's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a rear driver side flare for my 07 silver streak mica long bed.

All we need is two more folks for the full set!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
Pretty sure short & Long bed are the same size fender flares
They are NOT. Learn from my mistake!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #11

Can somebody clear this mess up? As far as I know the short bed and long bed flares are different. Can somebody confirm or deny this?

All I know is that I need a passenger side rear flare for a short bed.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Can somebody clear this mess up? As far as I know the short bed and long bed flares are different. Can somebody confirm or deny this?

All I know is that I need a passenger side rear flare for a short bed.
Alright, here's the whole meal deal:

For the rear end of the truck, The short bed flare and long bed flares are different sizes. I know, I have one of each.

If you buy a flare from the factory, it comes unpainted

people tell you that you can't re-use the clips. This is BS. Don't be a caveman, just take things off/on gently. Yes, you can break some, but even so, a set is $20.
People tell you that the rubber molding comes off when you take off the flare. Not true, it's glued to the flare. If it does come off, it is going to be a royal pain to get it back on, though.

you can't retouch the flares if they are scraped. The flare is textured and it will look like you have scars. This is confirmed from 3 body shops.

a single flare, paid, painted, and installed should cost $500

Aftermarket flares only come in longbed sizes. To my knowledge, no one makes shortbed sizes.

If you want an alternative to flares, there's a few companies that manufacture fiberglass bedsides/frontsides that are wider so you don't need flares. However, they are designed for 6" lifts and long travel kits, so you will look really strange if you don't have really big tires.

Some guys on the forums are running without flares. Only drawback to this is that you have to decide if you like the look of holes (where the clips used to be), or if you like the blue and orange color of the clips. I suppose you could paint them.

Note that the lower-end models of our trucks use unpainted flares (kind of a matte black-grey look)
Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hijack but I too am looking for either a full set of black flares, or fronts only in speedway blue for a DC Shortbed. I have had next to no luck finding a replacement other than factory. I have replaced a few of the clips though and can't see a way to take them out without breakage.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
Nuggety

I haven't tried separating the clips from the truck. I was only talking about removing the flare from the clips.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #15

I am still looking for a passenger side rear fender flare in Silver for a short bed tacoma.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #16

Still looking

Yes....I am still looking for a passenger side rear fender flare in Silver for a short bed tacoma.
Somebody has got to have one or seen one in a salvage yard.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railwayrog View Post
I bought a set of flares that I thought I could EASILY mount on my 5 lugger.
Found out I would have to drill a bunch of holes in fenders, I think I'll pass and just sell the flares.
What kind of flares are they? I might be interested.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Nuggety

UPDATE!!!!

Bushwacker has finally made flares for the shortbed.

Details:
Bushwacker Site
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO WHICH MODEL NUMBER YOU NEED
NOTE THESE ARE MATTE BLACK, UNPAINTED

trdracing5, AutoAnything is selling the "Bushwacker Fender Flares - Pocket Style 31925-02" for $418. I don't know if this is the price for a single, or if that's for all 4 corners??