Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Satoshis On Demand - Customized Grille

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshis On Demand - Customized Grille

Game Over

Thank you to all of those that set up something with me and thank you to all of those that showed interest in this but I won't be taking any more "orders" for Satoshis. A lot is going on right now and I just don't have the time to dedicate to this and sit out in my garage knocking out one after another.

I'll probably be doing the occasional one and putting it up for sale on the forum. I would rather take my time and do a little work on it here and there and have it come out perfect rather than bust my ass on one nonstop and not have any fun doing it.

If anyone needs tips or advice on how to do this yourself, please don't hesitate to ask. I encourage anyone interested in a Satoshi to try it themselves. It's a pain in the ass but it's very rewarding whenever you look at your truck, see how good that grille looks and you know that you busted your ass to make that grille.

Even though I'm done I'll leave the pics up, everyone loves pics.

The grille on my truck, done with hexagon mesh from CCG, those little mini grilles are a pain in the ass to do but give a uniform look.

Wider shot of my truck

The last one I sold, formerly chrome but turned into primer, Lowes mesh used.

The first grille I did, Lowes mesh used and the stock emblem clipped on, free emblem woohoo!

Questions, comments or concerns please go ahead and PM me.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
tempting... and i live in Monterey Bay

How much if I send you my Red Grille to do the satoshi on and a chrome grille that you can keep? (after I get the Satoshi back... because driving around with no grille is retarded)
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Could I send you my grille to sand, prime, and do the satoshi mod? How much extra $ would this be?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
tempting... and i live in Monterey Bay

How much if I send you my Red Grille to do the satoshi on and a chrome grille that you can keep? (after I get the Satoshi back... because driving around with no grille is retarded)
solus694

welcome to TW
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
mxracer16 is on a distinguished road
mxracer16's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I will prolly be sending you my chrome grill for a satoshi and to give her the ole primmer gray job. i will paint it over here in fla.

so what out for my PM
Eric
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Would you be willing to send one out at full cost, then refund the difference when I send back my original?

You'd have a new one to work with for you next order and I wouldn't be topless for a week.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
you got a good idea man. maybe when i save up some money ill have to hit you up for a grille.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
PM's sent to all those needing responses from me.

Just to save time/questions the prices are all in the first post. However, don't hesitate to ask me questions, I'll gladly answer.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #10
TACO4RUNNER is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG CH-47D Flight Engineer
Name: Victor
TACO4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
I am new to TW so send me info on when you are going to start taking orders, and how this is going to work.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO4RUNNER View Post
I am new to TW so send me info on when you are going to start taking orders, and
how this is going to work.
Good questions.

I can start taking orders now. I can't take everyone's order at the same time so it's going to work on a first come first served kinda thing.

Due to drying and curing times and whatnot I can probably juggle two at once but no more than that. It's looking like I've got one guy who's already serious about it and about to pull the trigger, so that's one.

Once you confirm what you want with me and we have a deal you're locked in and I will see to it your grille gets done before I working the next set of requests.

I'm not going to be putting myself in a sweat shop situation to do this. I still have to juggle my free time along with busting my ass at my actual job. If I can knock out a few solid grilles a month, giving myself something to work on as well as making a couple bucks to mod my truck with then I'd be happy with that.

Anyway, PM me with any questions or to set something up.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #12

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO4RUNNER View Post
I am new to TW
By the way, welcome to TW. That's two first time posters in my thread, woohoo!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info.

Could I ask a picture request of the grille from a little further away. More or less like the picture in the header of the forums. (chrome one) (and without the bug guard if possible, yes I'm a pain =P )
Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of questions here. What's the local mesh consist of? Can you make me one in SWB? I can trade in a chrome one and pick it up as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #15
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
didn't read all the thread, but you should simply charge core charge (like many gear shop do)

i.e. the guy pays you the amount of a new grill, and when he gets your grill he sends his stock one back.. and you credit the grill price (and use it for the next guy).

This way it's 1- cheaper for the customer 2- don'T have to wait without a grill for a while
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
bebopblues has a spectacular aura aboutbebopblues has a spectacular aura about

bebopblues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
didn't read all the thread, but you should simply charge core charge (like many gear shop do)

i.e. the guy pays you the amount of a new grill, and when he gets your grill he sends his stock one back.. and you credit the grill price (and use it for the next guy).

This way it's 1- cheaper for the customer 2- don'T have to wait without a grill for a while
+1

I second this idea. And definitely include the mini grill as a set.

By the way, I was curious to why it was called a Satoshi grill. At first, I thought it was what the mesh was called, but then I looked it up and found the history of the Satoshi Grill. It was interesting.

Read here: http://www.4runners.org/writeups/satoshi/miuras.html
Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #18

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
Different price points for different budgets. Not everyone wants to or can afford to drop $70 on some mesh when some mesh from Lowes will do the trick for them. I'll be coming up with a set rate for grille trade in as well as a lot of people seem to be interested in trying to sell me their spare one.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #19

Air Force:
First post updated to hopefully clear up confusion and questions that some have.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #20

Air Force:
Ok so I'm stupid and forgot to mention that Paypal is the payment method that I'll be using. That's useful information isn't it? First post updated.