Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Afe Intake for 170

Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Afe Intake for 170

I picked one up yesterday its the one with an aluminum tubing. exactly like this. http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...02&&brandID=53 , but with and aluminum tube. The guy says he has them for both first gen and second gen tacos. If you are interested Pm me for his number.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
what are the details on this?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well the guy who i got it from sell afe filter and intakes for a side job. It's the afe magnum force, the one with the aluminum tubing. comes with everything you need. He's located in So Cal. I don't know if he would ship.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT KNOW THIS GUY OR AFFILIATE WITH HIM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. I JUST BOUGHT AN INTAKE KIT FROM HIM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

how do you like it? Thats definitely a good price and everything.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016

I like, I didn't notice that much of a power, throttle responds a little bit better I can hear it suck in air at around 2k rpm and growl at 3k rpm. It looks real clean under the hood. I'll post pictures later. kinda weird at first i didn't want the aluminum i wanted the plastic tube, But after a test on this one and my buddies k&n with a plastic tube the Aluminum tube remained cooler than the k&n plastic tube.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Screw your MPG's

Oh okay post some pics up when you can I would love to see it.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
But after a test on this one and my buddies k&n with a plastic tube the Aluminum tube remained cooler than the k&n plastic tube.
curious how you tested? metal always seems to have more heat soak the the plastic tubes.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
curious how you tested? metal always seems to have more heat soak the the plastic tubes.
Metal and aluminum are 2 different property, Metal does not dissipate heat as well as aluminum. we felt it by hand, the kn was too hot to touch the afe was warm. We are going to try again today and use a infrared thermometer. Kinda wish i got a scanguage to read the intake air temp. I would stay away from chrome or steel tubing for an intake.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Ask if he's willing ot offer a group buy price.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
is the $170 price tag just for the 4 banger intake or is that good for the V6 too?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Greg Graffin 2016

Its for a 3.4, he has them for a 2.7 as well
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Screw your MPG's

what about 4.0?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016

Yeah.
This is where i found it. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1270153535.html

Pics as promised
Afe Intake for 170-img_0571.jpgAfe Intake for 170-img_0572.jpgAfe Intake for 170-img_0573.jpg
Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
Screw your MPG's

thanks I might be interested there.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
Jpf8653 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
If u follow the link in the first post. It says the tube is plastic! U say it's metal.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #16
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpf8653 View Post
If u follow the link in the first post. It says the tube is plastic! U say it's metal.
I called the afe, apparently they don't make the metal tube anymore for the 3.4. So I assume he's selling some discontinued items.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i might be interested too, i'll get back to you. gotta see if i got $200 to toss around right now