Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Rear Camera Dispaly Auto Dimming Mirror

Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
peave1 is on a distinguished road
peave1's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Camera Dispaly Auto Dimming Mirror

I need the wire adaptor/pigtail that goes from the overhead factory wire to the gentex rear view camera mirror or a pic of the wire setup

thanks

steve
Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
petyanca is on a distinguished road
petyanca's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peave1 View Post
I need the wire adaptor/pigtail that goes from the overhead factory wire to the gentex rear view camera mirror or a pic of the wire setup

thanks

steve
Hey, did you manage to get one ? I need same thing ..
Old 09-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pigtail for a stock mirror out of a 2010. I think Gentex makes the stock mirror for Toyota, so it should fit. I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
808hawaii will become famous soon enough

Name: Jay
808hawaii's Tacoma Gallery
The stock wiring is plug and play. There's no need for an adapter. It should all be there. My tacoma had An adapter at the end of the factory wiring, which was not needed for the gentex miror.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
There are different models, one I got is a "factory model", which needs an adapter. I think a specific Tacoma model doesn't need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808hawaii View Post
The stock wiring is plug and play. There's no need for an adapter. It should all be there. My tacoma had An adapter at the end of the factory wiring, which was not needed for the gentex miror.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Thats what I'm gonna do, and add a switch to turn camera on anytime I need to. But I thought if I can get a connector it would be neater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
Dont need one. Just use some connectors that fit those pins. I did a writeup on it in my sig if youre interested.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Thanks for the pictures, this is what I have in the headliner, although your's got more wires. I guess I'll just rig something up instead of trying to find an adapter (the piece that continues from the end on the pictures to the jack in the mirror).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
Pics as promised:
Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #11
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I thought the harness was what you meant. This unit plugs directly into the mirror mount post on a 2010 style mirror, so I didn't need any adapter.

I had to go to Toyota to get the wire cover piece and I noticed on the parts list that the setup for 2009 was a little different.

It looks like the harness plugs into the back of the mirror itself- slightly off to one side. I am wondering if this is the type you have? If so, I thought the adapter might be available from Toyota- though their parts diagrams are a little vague. Also, some of the Tacoma specific adapters are available from Gentex website.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rearview camera with tailgate handle for sale ($300 shipped) if anyone is interested.

Cheers.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Yes, the adapter would have to be plugged into the body of the mirror. I checked with brandnewauto.com (from where I bought the mirror) and they want $60 for the adapter itself. And Gentex didn't respond. I'm sure I'll make something to make it work, when I get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
Sorry, I thought the harness was what you meant. This unit plugs directly into the mirror mount post on a 2010 style mirror, so I didn't need any adapter.

I had to go to Toyota to get the wire cover piece and I noticed on the parts list that the setup for 2009 was a little different.

It looks like the harness plugs into the back of the mirror itself- slightly off to one side. I am wondering if this is the type you have? If so, I thought the adapter might be available from Toyota- though their parts diagrams are a little vague. Also, some of the Tacoma specific adapters are available from Gentex website.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, you dont need to purchase any harness or plugs at all. pm me your email and i'll send you a txt file w/ all the pinouts that billyjoe sent me. you will then cut the toyota end of the camera harness and solder to the correct wires.

basically all it is is 4 wires directly from the camera to the harness. then power, ground and reverse signal to the mirror, thats it, VERY easy!!