Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: OEM Toyota Tacoma Tool Box

Old 08-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
MY09TACO is on a distinguished road

MY09TACO's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: OEM Toyota Tacoma Tool Box

I'm looking for a Toyota OEM tool box that will fit my 2009 Tacoma.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #2

ttt
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
check on here

http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-DDGI-E.aspx
Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine for $423.50 + $111.05 for a total of $534.55. I looked for several months and that was the best price I could find in 2007. If you can find it at a local dealership for a good price then go for it because the shipping eats up your savings if not. Overall it is the best box for our trucks, I have had no complaints with mine and you will not regret spending the $ after a while.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
THE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the rough
THE TECHNICIAN's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want the one up against the back window?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u can find many boxes out there that look better and cost way less if u want that large area above the bed
Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Find one that fits better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
u can find many boxes out there that look better and cost way less if u want that large area above the bed
Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Customs View Post
Find one that fits better!
perfect fit is less of a deal to me than looks. toyota put out one of the most hideous looking boxes ever. i'd take it over a bulky plastic box, but thats about it. i have a box that sits maybe 2" above the rail, about 12" wide and almost as deep as the bed. its about half the size of other ones out there, but i fit spare parts, tools, tow straps, hi lift, and a lot of other stuff. it may not fit all the way to the walls of the bed, but looks 100x better than that toyota half black/half chrome crap
Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think many people on here have the toyota boxes but I agree you could get a diferent tool box for much cheaper.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #10

To each his own, I on the other hand do not care for the ultra low profile of those style boxes. Whatever works for you I rekin. I also am not fond of the two tone and will be getting the lid to my box powder coated. I did order a DeeZee box prior to getting the Toyota box but it only set about an inch onto the rail and so I sold it. Overall the Toyota box is expensive however when you compare it to a Weather Guard or one of simular quality it is not overpriced. The only other box I would consider would be the UWS.

Quote:
perfect fit is less of a deal to me than looks. toyota put out one of the most hideous looking boxes ever. i'd take it over a bulky plastic box, but thats about it. i have a box that sits maybe 2" above the rail, about 12" wide and almost as deep as the bed. its about half the size of other ones out there, but i fit spare parts, tools, tow straps, hi lift, and a lot of other stuff. it may not fit all the way to the walls of the bed, but looks 100x better than that toyota half black/half chrome crap
Old 08-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Customs View Post
To each his own, I on the other hand do not care for the ultra low profile of those style boxes. Whatever works for you I rekin. I also am not fond of the two tone and will be getting the lid to my box powder coated. I did order a DeeZee box prior to getting the Toyota box but it only set about an inch onto the rail and so I sold it. Overall the Toyota box is expensive however when you compare it to a Weather Guard or one of simular quality it is not overpriced. The only other box I would consider would be the UWS.

i'll agree that UWS makes some quality boxes. if the toyota box was one color (black) and more low profile than it is, it would be an option.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i have the UWS low pro black and its great, if u dont go with the OEM then definitely look into UWS
Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #14

Yes, I'm looking for one that's for back window. The only reason I want the Toyota box is because the way it attaches to the truck.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
my tacoma camae with a OEM UWS/thule. On the sticker it said $399.99 for it and i got it for a freebie. If i were you I would just buy a black UWS low-pro and consider it better than OEM for way less if you can find a good price.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #16
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
ps.. the way mine attaches came with two J-hooks factory with a little bit of foam tape under the metal. Flawless install and is sturdier than anything.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY09TACO View Post
Yes, I'm looking for one that's for back window. The only reason I want the Toyota box is because the way it attaches to the truck.
if it attaches w/ j-hooks, most are sent out w/ them now
Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #18

Quote:
if it attaches w/ j-hooks, most are sent out w/ them now

Don't the OEM attached to the tie down rails?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY09TACO View Post
Don't the OEM attached to the tie down rails?
thats where the j-hooks attach..the bed rails
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #20

Quote:
thats where the j-hooks attach..the bed rails
So you are telling me that the OEM Toyota Tool Box attaches the same was as any after market ones? I thought the box integrate with the bed rails and tie downs?