LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Bad experiences buying on here?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Bad experiences buying on here?

I am wondering seeing how there is no buyer protection on this site if anyone has had any problems with people not shipping the items the payed for or just straight getting ripped off?

Please let me know as I have purchased multiple items and never had a problem.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
had no problems at all. ive only bought local so far
Old 08-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Everything I've bought has been great, no problems.
x2

Only suggestion is to possibly research the seller a little bit to make sure that they are legit and not a fly by night member looking for a quick buck.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think anybody has got a bad experience, just from a guy called "eltacoloco" or something like that, but anyways, transactions are between members, site doesnt have anything to do with it, so theres no need for buyers protection, its at your own risk...
Old 08-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
Everything here is real items. no aftermarket. I have not had problems.. Great ppl to communicated, meet up, advise and just help each other.. I love it.. Better than the dealership and how the economy is fuck up.. this is the place to buy and sell.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
no aftermarket?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
fakeake is on a distinguished road
Navy: Enginemen
fakeake's Tacoma Gallery
I did with Ty's Taco.
I bought a set of fender flares off of him. Payed with paypal. Then they never showed. So I checked everything on my end to make sure I was ok before I contacted him, and the money was back in my paypal account. So then I contacted him and this was our last conversation bit.

Originally Posted by Ty's Taco
I pm'd you the same day I refunded your money to tell you about the shipping being considered over weight because of the packages size. I checked the shipping online and it only asked for the weight and number of boxes and not the dimensions of the box being shipped so that is how I determined the shipping cost. It would be considered a 90lb package with UPS and a 47 Lb package with Fed EX and my shipping with UPS would be $78 for the 90lb and for the FEd Ex was $54 for the 47 lb package. So for only $13 after shipping Fed Ex I had rather keep them and sell them as a set. I apologize for the confusion, I don't know why you didn't get your PM.

Originally Posted by fakeake
I would have paid more money for the shipping. You said it was included, but I would never expect someone to cove thprice of the shipping if it was over 50% of the cost of the item.

So I got my money back, but no flares. I would have rather had the flares, obviously or I wouldn't have tried to buy them. And I still haven't seen the missing pm.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Great experiences as well! Probably better than eBay and Craigslist
Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard of a forum with any sort of buyer protection, but I have been buying parts from members of this forum, and others, for years and have never had a problem that wasn't resolved.

Use common sense...if the seller won't post pictures of the ACTUAL item, posts/PM's in broken english, or the deal is too good to be true then walk away.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 1 for 1 with transactions. No problems at all.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
are you trying to start trouble?

eltacoloco (i think it was him?) and the tinted tails and bluebeasttaco and him sending out cracked and scratched 09 headlights are the only known problems that i am aware of. also, there was a guy on TN that was selling all kinds of interior stuff and he is blacklisted there as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
I have been buying on the internet for 15 years. I have 300+ purchases on Ebay, and probably 3-4x that on net sites. I have yet to be ripped off. Just choose your sites carefully. I have also bought 2 items from other TW members using PayPal.....great experiences!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to start trouble just curious as I have bought items on here and those transactions have went smoothly, I just dont want to be ripped off. I am happy that I have ran into some good members to buy off of, but my luck is the shits and I was thinking what if someone tried to take me on here.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #15
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
not trying to start trouble just curious as I have bought items on here and those transactions have went smoothly, I just dont want to be ripped off. I am happy that I have ran into some good members to buy off of, but my luck is the shits and I was thinking what if someone tried to take me on here.
Good luck

Not sure if this should be in the BUY/Sell section though...General or off topic
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
buy/sell seems reasonable does it not? I am discussing buying and selling on the forum
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
No such thing as luck....do your homework.
Im honestly starting to believe there isnt such a thing and if there is I dont have it, I know what you mean tho. I have a friend who claims he has bad luck but he just puts himself into situations where he can get screwed. I myself dont do that I just cannot win anything if my life depended on it.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought and sold to/from multiple members on here. Each transaction has went smoothly.

Ripping someone off on a site like this would most likely cause you a world of trouble. After all, the Internet is a wealth of information in many ways, and finding someones personal information from their home address, to their job history, criminal history, SSN, and relatives is quite easy with certain resources.

Here is a couple very good examples of what can happen..

Most Recent (the last few pages is where it gets good)
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128480

The epic Charlie Wenzel case..
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203
Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good, I try to only deal with members that have a good track record or that I know faily well, as well as you can know someone online I guess