Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Looking for Hood w/scoop

Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
bezinator is on a distinguished road
Name: Bez
bezinator's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for Hood w/scoop

yes its another hood thread i just bought my taco yesterday off road package thinking i would be able to find the hood scoop online but no dice

i have a white 2008 taco hood that has 200 miles on it

located in Cali lets make a deal

would be wiling to get it painted if i have to but would rather not
Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
good luck w/ that one. in one of the other hood posts, someone linked to a website that has them. might wanna go back through and find it.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
cdub105 is on a distinguished road
cdub105's Tacoma Gallery
hood scoop

autopartswarehouse.com/carpartswholesale.com has replacement hoods w/scoop for about 250.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
http://shop.iautobodyparts.com/841-2..._2wd-hood.html

thats the cheapest i have found online. 161.74 not painted. that will probably be your best bet. another thing you might try is calling some junk yards in your area to try and find a truck that might have gotten wrecked but the hood in good shape. iahd found one at a local junk yard. same color as my truck no scratches but it didnt have the scoop lol. good luck
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
I'll give you mine in exchange for a TRD supercharger. Sound good?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
bezinator is on a distinguished road
Name: Bez
bezinator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
http://shop.iautobodyparts.com/841-2..._2wd-hood.html

thats the cheapest i have found online. 161.74 not painted. that will probably be your best bet. another thing you might try is calling some junk yards in your area to try and find a truck that might have gotten wrecked but the hood in good shape. iahd found one at a local junk yard. same color as my truck no scratches but it didnt have the scoop lol. good luck
Thanks man but might be a dumb question but i went to dealer ship just to see how much they would charge for something like that ($425) and the parts guy stressed to me to make sure that it would fit the 2008 model so are all the hoods the same?

P.s thanks for all the replies everybody
Old 01-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
those hoods will definitely fit.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
budisit is on a distinguished road
Name: Buddy
budisit's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 08 white TRD (w/hood scoop). 300 miles on it mint cond.

I might trade it for a white hood w/no scoop.....but would also want the chrome front trim (mine is white front).
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
snowboarder is on a distinguished road
snowboarder's Tacoma Gallery
Trade your white scoop hood for my non scoop

HEy, you said you would trade your scoop for a non scoop? I will be happy to trade you! And yes mine is white.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to thread jack but also looking to trade my black w/o scoop for a one with a scooper? lol
Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

check ndcouch...i think he wants a scooper
Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
budisit is on a distinguished road
Name: Buddy
budisit's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a taco 2day just like mine. 4 door / white / long bed. But it didn't have the scoop and I didn't care for the looks of it compared to mine w/the scoop.

So that settled it for me....I'm keeping the scoop.

But I would like to have the chrome front end instead of color match.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
check ndcouch...i think he wants a scooper
thanks for looking out for me hodge but it looks like he is looking for a scoop too...
Old 01-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
thanks for looking out for me hodge but it looks like he is looking for a scoop too...
ahh...i think before the edit it said it the other way around
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #15
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahh...i think before the edit it said it the other way around
it did i was running on nyquil so yea i read it a day later and was like hey wait a minute lol sorry for the confusion
Old 01-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

dont give me shit, nd...i was tryin to hook a brotha up
Old 01-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dont give me shit, nd...i was tryin to hook a brotha up
I know, thats why i said thanks. otherwise i would have made some smart ass comment like i do to TheMaster or Sawdust