1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bucket Brigade?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by TicTacOma, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Aug 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma [OP] UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    I was just looking at the thread about the N-Fab steps that someone has for sale. One of the responses was "Why are you so far away?"

This may be a far out left field idea but....Shipping charges can be freakin' outrageous even for a "next state over" ship, I know....I work/drive for a LTL freight company.

What if it can be arranged where there could be a chain of route where members transport in a meet and great fashion. A pony express kinda thing?

For example, member A in Southern California has a "widget" that member B in Phoenix AZ wants. Member A takes it to a point east where another member takes it from there and continues east 'til he meets up with another member, etc etc etc. This could continue 'til the pieces parts are delivered to member B who would be at the final meet point west of Phoenix. I know this could be a logistical task but it would be a great way for members to meet and establish a face to face rather than a key stroke friendship.

This is done day in and day out in the LTL trucking business. Our trucks for example travel up to 600 miles in one direction, have an established meet point and then swap trailers/sets of trailers with another driver coming from the opposite direction and turn around and head back to their respective barns with each others freight.

It's just a thought. If it could work out for the parties interested, that "widget" could contain a card or something to where each member who contributed to the move would sign it. Basically like the cross country teddy bear stunt.

I'm always up for a day trip or weekend excursion.

2. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    I like it

3. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    TicTacOma

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    You back in school yet? I delivered a truck load of Gatorade to the stadium the other day and the place was a buzzin'

4. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Very cool idea!

I don't think it would be very cost effective unless of course, the distances traveled would be done anyway. Like if someone is taking a cross country trip and lets some parts hitch a ride.

5. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    I like the idea, and the face to face thing is a great idea, but i think that economically and especially with everyone penny pinching so much, it would just be better to ship it, rather than spend althe gas money and time it takes to drive.

I'm just sayin cuz i have a really hectic schedule all the time and i really don't have the funding to be able to do that if someone wanted a badge, you know?

But really do like the thought behind the idea. :) Thumbs up to you.

6. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    So pretty much dido to what drew said.

7. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    TicTacOma

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    Cost shouldn't have anything to due with it. Just toss in some gas and do it from the bottom of your heart. I understand that one member isn't gonna take a lugnut from Seattle to Maine just for the chance to get to heaven.

People drive miles just to get a great rack of ribs.

If it's something YOU can't do....just slide over and let the next guy try.

Even if the wanting member is 500 miles away, 4 members + the wanting member puts in 200 miles. Less than 4 hours of your time. Besides the more the merrier. Convoy it out and play truck drivers. Find all those seedy places that you only hear about.

8. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    If you're talkin to me then yes sir. Classes started last Thursday. Moved in last Saturday (15th). But yeah, Cola is packed right now.

9. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    I'm quick and sneaky :spy:

Products Discussed in

To Top