Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB CAP for 2009 Tacoma Double Cab Long bed near NJ

Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Outback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to behold
Outback's Tacoma Gallery
WTB CAP for 2009 Tacoma Double Cab Long bed near NJ

I am looking for a cap for a 2005-2009 double cab long bed. I live in NJ but will travel.

Please, I am already looking at Craigslist & Ebay. I just spent too mch time related to my other identical post explaining to a guy what a cap was, he had never heard of one! (he had over 400 posts lol) So I am trying again.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
theres no need to make multiple threads man....and i gave you a free bump.. you should be happy.. but instead you insult me...
Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback View Post
I am looking for a cap for a 2005-2009 double cab long bed. I live in NJ but will travel.

Please, I am already looking at Craigslist & Ebay. I just spent too mch time related to my other identical post explaining to a guy what a cap was, he had never heard of one! (he had over 400 posts lol) So I am trying again.
There are only 4 replies in the identical post?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I always thought a cap was the flat thing that covered the bed. A "Topper" or "Camper top" is different than a "Cap".
Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
In my experiences, camper tops don't come up for sale all that often on here and when they do, it's anybody's guess where they're located. For instance, they're a silver one on here for sale in Colorado at the moment.

If you really need one, your best bet is a truck accessory shop that carries them. They might have used ones or others at a discount.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
Outback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to beholdOutback is a splendid one to behold
Outback's Tacoma Gallery
Cap

There are Truck Caps and there are Tonneaus (or tonneau covers). That is what they say in the Century and Leer catalogs in front of me and the ARE website also calls them the EITHER - CAPS or TONNEAUS. This is what I have heard them called for over 20 years. If you want to call them a camper shell, canopy or topper fine but that is not what the companies that sell them call them.
In New Jersey, when people say CAMPER TOP (or shell) they mean the big camper cap setup on your truck bed that you can stand up in. It usally extends above the roof of the truck and many times a foot or two past the tailgate. Usually a "camper special" F250 (FORD) etc. is what carries these. The reason it is called a camper top is that you camp in it. That is what it is made for.
I did not get into a lot of dialog with the other person before on the public thread, I used the private message feature because It did not sound like he had anything called a cap for sale weather it was a hat, distributor cap or whatever and I did not think a continued dialog on the thread was doing anything but taking up space so I did it by private message.
That being said, I was looking for the thing you put on a truck bed and has windows.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
Outback's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to post pic of camper

This is NOT what I was looking for. This is a camper.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB CAP for 2009 Tacoma Double Cab Long bed near NJ-camper-cap.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 AM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
There was a guy on here from Jersey who was selling a cap a while back, so keep looking man. I also call them caps and I am a Michigan transplant.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
Outback's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,
I am looking for the fiberglas version.