Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

05+ Supension Lift 0-3.5''

Old 09-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
FOR SALE: 05+ Supension Lift 0-3.5'' Coilovers 450+shipping

Sold

I recently took off my Downey Offroad Coilovers and was thinking about selling them. They are similar to Toytec's Coilovers in the fact that you assemble them yourself with the collar/springs/bilstein 5100. Mine are alreadys assembled and just need to be cleaned up. I was hoping to get $650 for them but since they have been used and have some scratches here and there from being installed/uninstalled a few times I'll settle for $550 OBO + shipping. I'd prefer to keep it local in SoCal but depending on where we might be able to work something out on shipping cost.

Here are some pics....sorry they are so large...I only have a camera phone so quality isn't great but you get the idea.

Scratches from adjusting ride height

Couple marks where from the uca hitting my coil, took off a little bit of the black finish. (This was happening because my lift spindles were making it difficult to swap these in and out)

PRICE IS $550 OBO + Shipping.....pm what you think is reasonable

Price drop 500 obo + shipping

450 + Shipping

400+Shipping
Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
calicoupe will become famous soon enough
calicoupe's Tacoma Gallery
bump for a good buyer..i wish i had the moola....
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you were running these with your spindles and they did that to the coils?
and downey is out of business correct?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Correct I ran them with my spindles. The reason the coils have the marks on them was from when I tried to uninstall them I tried a two different occasions on each side. I had installed them without any troubles but that was when I didn't have the spindles on. I payed for the spindle installation though. So when I was trying to uninstall myself I jacked the truck up and the suspension would droop down. Normally you should be able to unbolt the coilover and slide it out. Well I couldn't get the lower control arm to go down far enough to slide it out because the UCA was hitting the coil. I tryed to force it out a few times to no avail. I just ended up paying to have them uninstalled because I didn't have the correct tools to unbolt the UCA so it would be out of the way.

Downey is closed from what I know. Last I heard was that some companies might be buying up certain product lines but that's all hear say. I guess I could swing by on my lunch sometime next week and see if anyone or anything is left around at their shop since they are a couple minutes away.

That being said they perform and function fine. Make me an offer not trying to make a fortune on them.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

only reason i asked is cause i will be running them mine with spindles so i just wanted to know whats up.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Give it time, if you think the price is fair and reasonable to other items on other sites..it will sell.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
tacos89 is on a distinguished road
tacos89's Tacoma Gallery
i wish these were for a 1st gen. i would be all over these
Old 09-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested, and local in Socal. How many miles on them??

What can you tell me about Downey offroad? Never heard of them....
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Will these work with factory UCA's and spindles?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
These will work with factory UCA and spindles. However, like any other lift if you go adjust them to above 2.5'' it is recommended to purchase new UCA.

Downey Offroad recently closed up shop so knowing that I'll let these go for what I had originally hoped for so throw an offer out there.

If you have seen the Toytec Ultimate lift kit for the front of these trucks you will know what you are getting.

When I bought them they told me it was a Bilstein 5100 shock with a 700# spring (IIRC), and then they added an adjustment collar and top plates. I paid $800 for them just like what Toytecs sell for now. I put about 18-25K miles on them and they rode the same when I took them off as when I put them on. My truck has unfortunately been a street queen for the better part of its life so these weren't abused. Only nicks are from installing and uninstalling.

I'm in and around the Santa Fe Springs/Whittier/La Habra/Brea all the time.

Price is definitely OBO so know I'm willing to work with you on price.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #16
Almost there

i would have already gotten these. got great deal on eibach coils for 150 and 4 shocks for 285 so ya otherwise id snatch yours up to save me the time to put the coilovers together
Old 09-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #18
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
450 + shipping
Bump for a good deal.