Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Toyota Tacoma 4X4 front TRD Coilover Springs 2005 2009

Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma 4X4 front TRD Coilover Springs 2005 2009

Front springs / coilovers from my 2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab 4x4 TRD longbed. These should fit the 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Tacoma's. I'm not sure if there is any difference between 4x4 and 2wd, so please check to make sure they fit your vehicle. If you have any questions, please ask before bidding. Thank you. beau1148@msn.com OR (814) 535-1899
$45 OBO Johnstown, Pa 15905
Ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
offroad or sport?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Thank you again. How do you do that? I can't seem to get this photo onto here.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
Navy:
TRD Sport Same Springs as Off Road
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Thank you again. How do you do that? I can't seem to get this photo onto here.
Just copy and paste.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TRD Sport Same Springs as Off Road
I am pretty sure OR are progressive springs, where the sports are not...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dak View Post
I am pretty sure OR are progressive springs, where the sports are not...
yup they are different OR's have progressive springs
Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #9

Personally, I feel the Non progressive springs (like the ones being sold here) are better for off road, and such.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Personally, I feel the Non progressive springs (like the ones being sold here) are better for off road, and such.
now why do you say that? i have a set of each that have less thank 1000 on both and i will be installing one of the sets when i finally get a spindle, and now your making me second guess myself. i was going to go w/ the progressive spring. i do mainly street driving, and will be installing them at the 0.85 setting on my 5100s

educate me please!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Navy:
When I ordered my 06 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed, I asked the question Is there a difference in the suspention between the TRD Sport and the TRD Off Road? Answer was NO. I double checked with the parts guy and he said SAME. I just called the toyota parts guy today, and asked the same question. Again they say it is the same exact springs. TRD Off Road and TRD Sport. Of course now I have Old Man Emu (OME886) front springs and they are awesome. Check the difference out in photo of TRD VS OME
Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ all those guys are wrong. the offroad has the progressive springs (can tell as they are wound tighter towards the top and also have a brown sleeve at the top) and the sport has normal, constant rate springs.

your springs are from a sport truck as they are constant rate springs.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
now why do you say that? i have a set of each that have less thank 1000 on both and i will be installing one of the sets when i finally get a spindle, and now your making me second guess myself. i was going to go w/ the progressive spring. i do mainly street driving, and will be installing them at the 0.85 setting on my 5100s

educate me please!
Personally, I think the Off Road progressive springs blow thru their travle way to soon. They dont suspend the truck well when off roading. Just my $0.02

Quote:
When I ordered my 06 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed, I asked the question Is there a difference in the suspention between the TRD Sport and the TRD Off Road? Answer was NO. I double checked with the parts guy and he said SAME. I just called the toyota parts guy today, and asked the same question. Again they say it is the same exact springs. TRD Off Road and TRD Sport. Of course now I have Old Man Emu (OME886) front springs and they are awesome. Check the difference out in photo of TRD VS OME
Nope. We had this discusion before, as I also thought they were the progressive ones. You have the constant rate springs.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #15
Navy:
Again, I called the other local dealership and spoke with both a parts guy and a mechanic. They said the Bilstein Strut TRD off Road and TRD Sport have the same springs. They did say some Pre-runners with TRD Package offered a street package which was different shocks & springs, but the 4x4 TRD Sport and TRD Off Road have the same struts and springs.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i am interested in these since my stock springs may have sagged due to the spacer lift...how long were these on your truck for? and did you have any type of lift on them?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Again, I called the other local dealership and spoke with both a parts guy and a mechanic. They said the Bilstein Strut TRD off Road and TRD Sport have the same springs. They did say some Pre-runners with TRD Package offered a street package which was different shocks & springs, but the 4x4 TRD Sport and TRD Off Road have the same struts and springs.
here are springs from a TRD OFF ROAD double cab truck...

notice how the coils are closer together at the top and there is a brown sleeve. dont know what those parts guys are talking about, unless the progressive and constant rate springs have the same part number?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #18
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
yup they are different, offroads are coiled 9 times while sports are coilded 7 times your dealer is wrong
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Bilsteins are the same, but the springs are different...