Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Awesome New Idea

Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome New Idea

I have just found a way to custom mold plastic. I just wanted to see if anyone is interested in some custom switch boxes or anyhing made out of plastic really. Something for the overhead console or that little fuse box drawer thing. I am not going to do anything yet just wanted to get a feel if it was worth my time to try it out. If there is some interest I will get back to you with some pictures.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always interested in something new and different for the truck. Keep us posted on anything you come up with and add pics please.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Will do need to make one so everyone can see what I'm talking about.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to see what you come up with. Just and idea... I'd be interested to see a pod that fits in the storage pocket in front of the shifter on the 6speed's.... One to mount switches for things like aux light, winch, OBA setup, air lockers, etc.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I'd love to see what you come up with. Just and idea... I'd be interested to see a pod that fits in the storage pocket in front of the shifter on the 6speed's.... One to mount switches for things like aux light, winch, OBA setup, air lockers, etc.
What I as thinking so some kind of lid for a box that anyone can drill out to fit their needs. The odd shape of that cubby makes it hard to get a mold and if I did make a mold I can't get it out. That will take a little bit more thought to get working, I just gotta think it through. Adding texture will take some thought as well not sure how to do that.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
The devil horn emblem in plastic.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
An enclosure for the scangauge to sit ontop of the steering column, to give it a stock finished look.
I like this idea.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
An enclosure for the scangauge to sit ontop of the steering column, to give it a stock finished look.
x2
id be interested in one

but first i need to buy a scangauge
Old 09-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
rockinray is on a distinguished road
Name: Ray
rockinray's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for something like the photos below as I wanto add some speakers in the rear doors of my Access cab pick-up. I like the idea of these grills to cover up the speakers.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x3 That's the only reason I haven't bought one. I don't like any of the mounting methods I have seen yet...
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rockinray, I like those grills. If you find out somewhere that has them I'd be down for a pair myself.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #13

Well bad news. The plastic I wanted to use melts at a low temperture and it will turn to putty in the hot sun. Glad I figured it out before someone else did. It is actually an awesome product www.shapelock.com. I have seen some neat things done with it but it melts at 160F and The inside of my truck gets to like 140F. Sorry for the waste in time.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
BlueTaco is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police - Dog handler
BlueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
hmm...what if you coated it with a substance with a higher melting temp afterwards, like a shell, to keep it from losing shape?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
rockinray is on a distinguished road
Name: Ray
rockinray's Tacoma Gallery
What if you were to use the plastic for a mold and then create actual part from fibre glass. This is what i an doing to try and make grills for my access cab doors.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #18
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Plastic? Start pumping out some repops of the Scosche Tacoma sub box!