Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Wanted: Stock UCAs

Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted: Stock UCAs

I'm curious if anyone has a set of stock UCAs lying around that they don't have a need for. I'm looking at picking up a set of Camburg ball-joint UCAs and could speed up the process by assembling the Camburgs prior to install.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really not looking to spend a lot on the stock UCAs. I'm sure a lot of people rip these off of their vehicle and chuck them when installing aftermarket UCAs. It would be more of a convenience factor for my Camburg install, but I can spend the time to pop 'em off if I can't find someone with a spare set.

I'll pay shipping!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
i got a set of ucas taking up a little room in my garage as well
Old 09-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! I was just trying to get ball joints and found out Toyota will not sell just ball joints. You have to buy the whole upper control arm with ball joints, AND Our local dealer charges $417 per side for the (uca's) upper control arms with ball joints, and you think people want to just give them away? If anyone out there wants to give them away, send me some. I'll pay UPS Ground shipping.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Why on earth would you pay $417 for UCAs... you can swipe them off of a junkyard for much much less.

Regardless, when replacing stock with aftermarket UCAs, it's a useless extra part. Like I said, I'm sure a number of people have simply trashed them after the install. If anyone has a set lying around, it would certainly speed my Camburg install.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check into some Moog Ball joints.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't paid $417 per side. I looked around and got some for a good price. Also, I bought a set of upper ball joints at the local advance auto store back in 2006. I did not need them back then, but thought the price was right and knew with overside tires, I would need them. Now the local advance auto store says " We don't list them" you have to go to dealer to buy them. Sounds like toyota may be finding ways to make people pay more thru parts. Anyway, The guy that works at advance owns an FJ so I showed him the ball joints I bought at his store 2+ years back. He looked up the part# and said he had some at his other store and he was going to buy them for his vehicle. It's sad things are so expensive and then trying to find them is getting bad. I wounder if anyone makes a stronger UCA? I know they sell those UCA's for the light weight trucks that race, but I have ARB Bumper with 10k winch. Hard to find longlasting HD Parts. OH yeah, Junk yards around here don't seem to have any 05+ Tacomas.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I'm curious if anyone has a set of stock UCAs lying around that they don't have a need for. I'm looking at picking up a set of Camburg ball-joint UCAs and could speed up the process by assembling the Camburgs prior to install.

Thanks!
let me know if you dont find any or still need them. You can have mine for free, you pay shipping from Orange, CA. I dont have them off yet but I will be installing them within a week so I could shipem to you next friday.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll gladly take them off your hands. Figure out shipping costs when you get the weight of the UCAs and let me know. My zip is 80120.

How many miles are on your UCAs?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I'll gladly take them off your hands. Figure out shipping costs when you get the weight of the UCAs and let me know. My zip is 80120.

How many miles are on your UCAs?
How do I find out the weight? I usually just do priority. Should I takem to the produce department at a grocery store and putem on a scale? lol.

There will be <4,000 miles on the UCA's
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps they will each fit in a flat-rate box?

Either way, I'll gladly take them off your hands for whatever your shipping cost is. Thanks for the offer! It'll be sweet to assemble the Camburg UCAs prior to ripping my front end apart.