Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Wheelskins

Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
MY09TACO is on a distinguished road

MY09TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelskins

Has any used a Wheelskins cover on a Tacoma OEM Leather steering wheel? What size cover did you use if you have?
The one that is made for a Tacoma (AXX size) will not fit over a Leather steerwheel this is why i'm asking.
THANKS!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, maybe you should trade your steering wheel, I bet there is someone without a leather one that would love yours. Not me, I love mine already.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyvavoom View Post
Wow, maybe you should trade your steering wheel, I bet there is someone without a leather one that would love yours. Not me, I love mine already.
I want to keep my Leather wheel. I just want to protect it since I have cut the first wheel I had.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
what's the point in protecting the leather if you never see because it's always covered by the skin?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
what's the point in protecting the leather if you never see because it's always covered by the skin?
I want to keep it new as long as I can. Like I said in my last post I cut my first leather with my keys in my hand getting in the truck.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY09TACO View Post
I want to keep it new as long as I can. Like I said in my last post I cut my first leather with my keys in my hand getting in the truck.
If you install the wheelskins over your leather, the original leather will get crushed and creased. Once you take off the cover the original will essentially be ruined. I would recommend being careful.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
I got a decent leather cover from Walmart that matches my interior color perfectly. It fits really tight. I think I paid $14 or so. Really pleased with it. I'll post a pic. hopefully later this evening.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
If you install the wheelskins over your leather, the original leather will get crushed and creased. Once you take off the cover the original will essentially be ruined. I would recommend being careful.
I thought about that also.

I just found out from wheelskins that they are refunding me. I guess they dont have anything that will work with a leather wheel.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, well you have a nice leather wheel, it'll last quite a while, drive it and replace it way down the road if you ever need to
Old 09-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought about that also.

I just found out from wheelskins that they are refunding me. I guess they dont have anything that will work with a leather wheel.
I have had weelskins on both my Jeep and Tacoma. When I took them off there was fairly deep impressions in the plastic wheel rim. I would think that it would be worse on the leather. Sorry, it didn't work for you.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I have had weelskins on both my Jeep and Tacoma. When I took them off there was fairly deep impressions in the plastic wheel rim. I would think that it would be worse on the leather. Sorry, it didn't work for you.
Did the impressions ever come out?
I have some for the short time I had (one week) it on and wheelskins told me it would go away
Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #12

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did the impressions ever come out?
I have some for the short time I had (one week) it on and wheelskins told me it would go away
Honestly, I do not know. I took the skin off and replaced it with a new one right away. I suppose that they could come out with enough time.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery