1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS (kind of) - Custom Front TRD Plate

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by ph16drive, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Sep 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    ph16drive

ph16drive [OP] \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Below is what is for sale, sort of. There is only ONE (1) of these that I have to give away. Instead of throwing it in the scrap bin at work, I thought I'd see if anyone wanted it first. Since it was made at work it wouldn't be ethical for me to profit from it so the rules are as follows:

1. The only payment you'll need to make is for shipping from 44087. I'm not going to gouge anyone - it WILL be straight shipping with NO profit in it.
    2. You have to finish it. What I mean is, it was the test piece before I made mine so it'll need to be finished by way of polishing it or painting it. There are a few scratches across it. I mounted it on my truck to make sure that all the mounting holes were where they should be.
    3. You need to post a photo of it on TW when it's done and mounted. I'd like to see how you made it look on your Taco.
    4. I will be selecting who this goes to in a week or so only because I'd like to give contributing members to TW first place in line. There's so many of you and I appreciate all the informational posts on TW. I hope you all understand.
    [​IMG]

The plate is made from 11GA T304 stainless steel and fits the factory TRD skid plate underneath and the factory license plate holes on top. I trust the license plate holes are in the same location on every taco. Fasteners ARE supplied with the plate except for the two top screws as they were the screws that originally held my license plate on from the dealer. If you don't have the holes for the license plate, you'll have to make them and find screws. Here are a few pics of the install on my taco.

[​IMG]
    Note that the TRD logo above lines up with the lower grill to let air through. I polished mine so that the TRD stood out. Since I have a dark color Taco, I didn't want the TRD logo to blend in with say a black colored plate. The two screws at the top of the plate were the two that held my license plate on previously.

[​IMG]
    Note the factory TRD skid plate above (I have an 08). If yours looks like mine and has an existing hole next to each of the skid plate mounting bolts in the front, there will be no drilling required.

[​IMG]
    We have to have front license plates in OH so that was integral in the design above.

BTW, if you want to calculate your own shipping, figure about 13 lbs shipping from 44087 via UPS. My company has an account with UPS and gets some kind of discount which will be extended to you but what that is I don't know until I go to ship it.

2. Sep 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    cool idea but i don't have drill holes in my front bumper :bananadead:

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Cool! I would take it if i didnt have a black bumper

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    i would love to have it...how much is shipping to 23666

5. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    thats cool but i dont have a trd.im already a poser with my sockmonkey bed decals

6. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Damn...missed it by one! If it falls through I would like to put it on my truck and post pics. I'm in Centreville, VA 20120.

-Thanks!

7. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    id put it on my truck but i dont think itd work with an ARB bumper

8. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    CAMZTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    i think i would get it coverd in line-x...what do you think about that idea..?

9. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    I would like to join the list. Got the perfect place for it and it will make my plate more visible. We need the front plate in Texas. Keep me in mind. I am at 78521
    NewN-FabBarWKCLights2_5f86991444f46434b7c3b9ca1c7a6f26985f3038.jpg

10. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    UPS.com estimates $13.15 (ground) . . . you're on the list, thanks.

11. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    UPS.com estimates $12.58 (ground) . . . you're on the list.

12. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I had a feeling that all the frequent posters who I'm holding the front of the line for would already have the front of their Taco's just the way they want them. Damn, keep spreading the word though.

13. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:49 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    I think with your white truck, a black plate would look great but I don't know how visible the TRD would be if the plate is black. Are there any other colors you're thinking of?

14. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    UPS.com estimates $15.95 (ground) . . . you're on the list.

15. Oct 1, 2009 at 5:00 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    if it was cut down into a front plate only id rock it :D

16. Oct 1, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    CAMZTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4

i think i would paint a peice of sheet metal white and mount it behind the TRD, with the whole peice LINE-Xed and that white TRD, i think that would look pretty sweet... im not worried about air flow because my license plate already covers that area.

17. Oct 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Cut it which way? If you mean cut the bends off, that makes it possible for me to send it thru the "timesaver" at work and put a "grain" on it which makes the stainless look a hell of a lot better plus it'd prolly take paint better if that's your aim. I guess I didn't open this up to modifying it to suit your taste but what I think you're asking for would be easy for me to do ~ no problem:thumbsup:. Let me know.

BTW, nice avatar, I just saw that movie this weekend. I thought it was pretty funny.

18. Oct 1, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Yeah that's exactly what I meant...I'd totally rock it plain like a front plate with some grain on it...no paint

let me know shipping to 29223

19. Oct 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    ph16drive

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    UPS.com estimates $13.36 (ground).

20. Oct 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Id like to be added to the list. Beefed Taco is going to be building me a new front bumper and im sure this would fit in well.

Can even make things easy and send my UPS account number for you to ship with

Products Discussed in

To Top