Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTT: black hood w/o scoop for one w/scoop

Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
WTT: black hood w/o scoop for one w/scoop

like the title says looking to trade a black sand pearl hood w/o hood scoop for one with one of same color
Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hijack this thread, but i wanted to remind everybody that im still looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think i seen another post where hoods are 176 plus shipping or something along those lines it maybe our only option
Old 01-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think anyone w/ a scooped hood would trade for a normal hood plus 176 anyways....lol...i know i wouldnt
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
i think i seen another post where hoods are 176 plus shipping or something along those lines it maybe our only option
hood w/scoop $176??? where?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
http://shop.iautobodyparts.com/toyot...-parts-15.html hoods with the scoop 161.74. i seen a guy on craigs list one time wanting to trade his scooped hood for a regular one. he said he got bombarded like fly's on shit so he decided to keep it lol. good luck finding some one to trade. that link is the cheapest i have found and i have done some extesive searching.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
tacoma/gtoman is on a distinguished road
Name: Gregg
tacoma/gtoman's Tacoma Gallery
Hoods w/scoops

On ebay motors, you can purchase an aftermarket tacoma hood w/scoop for $99.00. Shipping is $119.00 (coming from IL). You can have it painted to match your truck for $250.00. So for $349.00 + shipping it will be an exact match. Considering Toyota charges more than $600, that is a decent deal. I am saving as we speak.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
FJ FTW!

or you could find a certifit dealer in your area and pick one up for 100 and get the scoop inserts for another 125 then paint,

Tacoma/Gtoman does that one come with the inserts as well? if not your looking at another 125
Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
sorinc is on a distinguished road
sorinc's Tacoma Gallery
A new hood with scoop means its got the hole for scoop. you gotta buy the insert, hardware and some air ducting about $250 (dealer only), so after the cost of the hood include all that plus paint.....it adds up. I know i just went thru all that myself
Old 06-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #10
FJ FTW!

um mods should close this thread as i already got my scooped hood
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #11
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can get you an aluminum hood with a scoop for 150.00 plus shipping, also I Have a fedex discount so shiping wont be that bad. PM if interested.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #12
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Did you buy a Certifit one or found someone to trade with?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #13
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinc View Post
A new hood with scoop means its got the hole for scoop. you gotta buy the insert, hardware and some air ducting about $250 (dealer only), so after the cost of the hood include all that plus paint.....it adds up. I know i just went thru all that myself
Can't you just Satoshi the hood???
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
FJ FTW!

i found one at a local parts place kinda a hole in the wall place, but was a certifit one, and ordered the scoop inserts from trdpartsstore something like that had a buddy paint it total cost was about 350
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #15

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i found one at a local parts place kinda a hole in the wall place, but was a certifit one, and ordered the scoop inserts from trdpartsstore something like that had a buddy paint it total cost was about 350
Good for you... Lucky bastard. JK.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
hood

D&H
Quality Discount
Auto Parts

Customer Support 8am-7pm Toll Free

This was the place on ebay motors that had the hood. You're right no insert. Thinking of trading in truck and getting the TRD PreRunner and calling it a day. What a hassel, wish I had stuck to my guns when I bought mine, instead of letting the dealership push/d**k me! What an ass I am.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
OCTaco: what's the deal with the aluminum hood?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
FJ FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
Good for you... Lucky bastard. JK.
ha ha cant believe i lived without a scoop since i got my taco but what a difference in appearance plus it added like 30hp so its all good
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a guy in this thread who might trade ya...send him a PM. His user name is RainDodger

Heres the thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ood-scoop.html

He's the 4th post down...good luck bud