Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2005+ Silver Recessed Grille

Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
2005+ Silver Recessed Grille

*SOLD*

Original sale fell through so it's up for sale.

Asking $375 OBO + shipping

Silver grille with minor damage on the inner painted portion from grillcraft rubbing. Touch up pen could probably fix the damage.

Grille has been fiberglassed with numerous coats (3 Pieces for 3 days allowing 1 day in between each layer). Inner lip was smoothed completely out then hit with a coat of rubberized coating. It has a nice textured look that isn't very thick or chunky like some of the bedliner sprays. Grillcraft is mounted using zip ties. There are about 20 -25 different spots where it is being held down to ensure it isn't going anywhere.

Pm with questions/offers

Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of the grill on your truck?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
^
That's a negative. Sorry about that, my truck is black.

Grille is now pending sale, supposedly will have money by tomorrow....but we'll see if that actually happens

If not I'll ask my neighbor if I can toss it on his silver tacoma for a few photos to help give everyone a better idea.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of

Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested. Let me know if it doesnt sale. I would really rather buy one vs hacking mine up.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
any pics of the back side???
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys it's sold. I should have another one done here pretty soon, but it will probably be a black one.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Spootypuff is on a distinguished road
Spootypuff's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spootypuff
Are you taking orders?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
dang that was fast i and thought that price was kinda high. congrats!!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya it went pretty quick to my suprise.

Rough estimates
$150 Color matched grille
$150 GrilleCraft
$10 Fiberglass Resin
$5 Fiberglass cloth
$10 Bondo
$5 Bondo Spot Putty
$15 Variety Sandpapers
$5 Adhesion Promoter
$5 Primer
$10 Rubberized Coating
$10 JB Weld/zip ties/fasteners
------
$375 total give or take depending on where you buy stuff from and what you have on hand already.

The grillecraft made it a little tougher than expected at first just because you have to match the curve that it has. That was an easy fix though after I figured out what I was doing.

Sold to some guy on craigslist, I told him about the site so we will see if he joins and posts up some pics of it installed.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
whooo hooo blkt is legit
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
^
lol....I started sanding your bondo sections down on my lunch. I'll probably end up throwing on another layer of bondo tonight before I go home to cover up some of the air pockets that are showing up. Then some more sanding tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
sounds goood!! thanks man! this chrome grill needs a home too