1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 2006 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by 8th sin, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Oct 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    8th sin

8th sin [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    Seliing my 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab SR5.

The truck is Radiant Red with 53,180 miles (as of 10/24/09, I am still driving this truck so actual mileage will be higher). I am the second owner. I bought the truck from Carmax in Sanford, FL on November 30th, 2008 with about 34,500 miles on it at that time.

The truck did not have the towing package from the factory, but I was in the process of adding it. I have the OEM class IV receiver and 7 pin plug installed, but do not have the wiring harness or any other components of the tow package (heavy duty alternator or transmission cooler). I have also added the HID kit from the group buy on this forum, performed the black headlight mod, and installed a color-matched Satoshi grille. I have also removed the mudflaps because the front two broke. I have the rear flaps and they are in good condition.

I am selling because I would like to get a 4x4. I absolutely love this truck and ideally would find the same exact one but 4x4 with the TRD sport package. The Pioneer AVIC Z3 headunit will not be included in the sale (non JBL base unit will be reinstalled), and if I can find a Radiant Red 4x4 that meets my needs, I will be keeping the Satoshi grille as well (SR5 chrome grille will be reinstalled). Car is located in Orlando, FL and I am asking $17,800.

Exterior:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had the transmission mount replaced under warranty, but I was not able to convice any local dealerships to perform the rear suspension TSB. The truck has the TRD/TSB bilstein shocks, but NOT the 4 leave springs. I bought the shocks with ~100 miles on them last February and installed them myself. Tires are OEM size, nothing special, but the wear on them is good and there is considerable tread life left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The previous owner smoked in the truck, and there are two blemishes on the seat, presumably from whatever it was he was smoking. After I brought the truck home, I meticulous shampooed the interior several times and replace the cabin filter until the smell was gone. No one has never smoked in the truck since I purchased it, and I can assure you the smell is completely gone. It also appears as though something fell on the truck as there is a small area of damage on the quarter panel just behind the rear driver's side door.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have high resolution pics available upon request. Please contact me at brian (dot) cross (at) gmail.com or call 407-462-0369.

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    Bump, lowered asking price to $17.8...I have my eyes on a 4x4 that I want to move on soon. I am willing to negotiate! Book value on this truck is over $19k!

3. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    Just a suggestion, you might have a better chance of a sale if you include the Avic and the grille. You can always add them to your new rig. IMO. Good luck with your sale!

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Yea, it's just that I know I'm getting another tacoma, so it seems silly to have to buy those things again. I will never get on a sale what I would have to pay to "replace" them on my next truck. If anyone is interested in the truck and wants these things, let's talk. I've been eyeing up some of the new Alpine units anyway.

5. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    I've decided I'm going to do the right thing and pay down some debt instead of getting a 4x4. If a mod wants to close/delete this thread, please do.

6. Oct 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    Good decision. I know you don't have the 4x4, but it looks like you are on your way to rigging your truck they way you want it. I bought an 06db cab non trd and have done a few mods to get it to where I want it. Good luck with it and I think you made the right decision. IMO

Products Discussed in

To Top