Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Satoshi For Sale - Black Grille

Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi For Sale - Black Grille

SOLD

Let me state this first -
I'm not doing the" Satoshi on Demand" thing anymore so don't send me 100 PMs asking me do to do one for you.

Anyway, I got bored a while ago and decide to knock out one last grille before winter sets in and it's too cold to mod grilles (drying time mostly and I don't want to work in the cold).

I'm asking $280 for it, shipped to your door. That price is inline with the prices I had set when I was taking Satoshi orders. I didn't prime this one because I've been hearing too many horror stories of priming go wrong. If you're getting it painted anyway I'm sure a shop won't charge too much more to properly prime it.

The grille itself is the black plastic that I assume is off of the base model Tacoma. For the mesh I used what I refer to as "Lowe's mesh" because that's where I get it and it's cheaper than the customcargrills.com mesh. I had a spare Toyota emblem just laying around so I threw it on there instead of tossing it in the trash. All tabs are intact on the grille.

I heard of several people using textured paint for the inside of the grille so I thought I would give it a shot this time, I think it turned out pretty good with the black surround. The grille is a little dusty in the pics, that bondo dust gets EVERYWHERE, I even had the entire thing taped up and the dust still worked it's way behind the tape.

Any questions just let me know and I'll get back to you.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty good

What did you use for the textured look? I've used a bedliner spray, plasti-dip, and rubberized undercoating on a couple of ones that I've made for people. I found this rubberized stuff that I really like the look of as of lately because it isn't really thick. It's hard to tell but it looks similar to yours in the pic.

BuMp
Old 10-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
I just used a can of textured spray paint I picked up at Walmart. I'm really liking the look of it and might go ahead and spray the grille I have on my truck if I can find the same stuff in pure black. I think the grayish texture looks good with the black grille though.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
damn why cant it be silver
Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #6

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
damn why cant it be silver
It can be silver! (if you take it to a paint shop)