Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

platic weld satoshi..??

Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
platic weld satoshi..??

edited and use this post...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-services.html

just wondering if anyone would be interested having me hot air plastic weld to fill the holes when they cut out the center of the grill (no bondo or fiber glass).

I usually do PC repair/programming but it's real slow lately.
so anyways pm me or post any questions.

1st pic is after welding and some sanding.. 2nd is finished (welded in plastic triangles too)with a grillcraft and rattlecan colormatched
3rd show a closer look at the filled parts, sanded primered and semi gloss black.
Attached Thumbnails
platic weld satoshi..??-img_0421-1-.jpg   platic weld satoshi..??-img_0458-1-.jpg   platic weld satoshi..??-img_0442-1-.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
How does it look on the truck?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
whats the charge for this to be done?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
heres one on the truck, with grill behind and it's final spot flush with the front.
hmmm what to charge.. maybe $25-30? Group buy? lol

btw, the silver is a little lighter (1st pic looks crooked cuz it wasnt fully mounted and it should have had black primer/sealer instead of gray) but im not a painter lol
probly end up repainting it.
Attached Thumbnails
platic weld satoshi..??-satoshi.jpg   platic weld satoshi..??-img_0460.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had know this a week ago and I would definitely be down for it. I've been sanding a bondoing for the last two weekend and it sucks!! I know it will be worth it in the end but I'm hating this satoshi right now.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
BLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Zabdi
BLacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i know whom to call...
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
really nice work man. i will keep u in mind when i get the time. probably around December/January
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty's Taco View Post
I wish I had know this a week ago and I would definitely be down for it. I've been sanding a bondoing for the last two weekend and it sucks!! I know it will be worth it in the end but I'm hating this satoshi right now.

I am right there with you. I have been sanding and doing bondo all day. It sucks but I should be done soon. I really like this idea. Doing the fiberglass and bondo sucks!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Grrrrr why couldn't you do this last week?!?!?!?!

Now I'm left with a sticky mess and a shitty product.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Grrrrr why couldn't you do this last week?!?!?!?!

Now I'm left with a sticky mess and a shitty product.

hehe take your time, let the paints /bondo set up. wait a day if you have too. then sand sand sand!!!!
or take a pic and let's see what we can do.
gl
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Well one side is perfect, the other....not so much.

It just needs some more work. I might end up cutting it out and redoing it!

Then I might have you plastic weld it because that looks amazing!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
can you weld plastic bosses on the outside also that they can be drilled and tapped for threaded rod to hold the mesh grill in instead of trying to epoxy threaded rod onto the outside of the grille
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I PM'ed you with some ??? and concerns.

Looks great but is this strong enough to hold? How long will the process take if I came to your location? Very interested. However I'd love a real clean job.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks awesome. Too bad you're down in socal
Old 11-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white91formula View Post
can you weld plastic bosses on the outside also that they can be drilled and tapped for threaded rod to hold the mesh grill in instead of trying to epoxy threaded rod onto the outside of the grille
yes it can be done, I thought about it while doing mine. not too sure what to use though(something made from ABS). I ended up using the epoxy/threaded rod method, but then just attached the grillcraft to the front.
problem I thought about was its hard to attach something flat to something flat.. like a clip or cube on top of the grill material. I cant get the weld in that deep without melting the crap out of it I can try to jam up new material around the edges , but I dunno how strong it would be
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
yes it can be done, I thought about it while doing mine. not too sure what to use though(something made from ABS). I ended up using the epoxy/threaded rod method, but then just attached the grillcraft to the front.
problem I thought about was its hard to attach something flat to something flat.. like a clip or cube on top of the grill material. I cant get the weld in that deep without melting the crap out of it I can try to jam up new material around the edges , but I dunno how strong it would be

how about something like this ?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8712k13/=4cehut
Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white91formula View Post
how about something like this ?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8712k13/=4cehut
yeah it would be hard to get those pieces to stick I think. I would have to just weld around the edges of the cube. I'll try something like that next time I break out the welder. You could use ABS cement(it melts the plastic together) to stick them on, it could work. or ABS cement and weld around the edges...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I do have a chrome one I think I will do the center parts, to have it ready for someone, for cheap. they can paint it to colormatch or black I suppose

anyone interested? like $120 for a chromie with the center cut out and welded? I'll even try to weld some chunks of plastic so you can attach a grill from behind.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #19
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
so how did ya attach the grillcraft mesh? kinda space casing right now
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
so how did ya attach the grillcraft mesh? kinda space casing right now
I ended up putting it on the front, like grillcraft says. but I do have threaded rods from when I did have it back there.
Attached Thumbnails
platic weld satoshi..??-img_0456-1-.jpg