Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Satoshi Grille Service

Old 11-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Grille Service

To avoid confusion, I now charge $150 flat per grille, which does not include any shipping or mesh. Please purchase the mesh from customcargrills.com because they are cut to shape perfectly. I still do not colormatch due to CA Regulations. Unless you send me extra mesh, I do not do the triangles. Thank you.

Please see this group buy for Pre-Made satoshi inner grille inserts!!!:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post2921987

UPDATE: I just used up my last sheet of mesh. Because im doing this more on the side now, I will no longer carry an inventory of mesh, it's just too expensive. I will still be doing this service but you will need to order the mesh from customcargrills.com and have it shipped to me. Thus, the fee I charge will decrease by the cost of the mesh. I will be charging $110 + shipping for a satoshi grille. Thanks!
They are available here: http://www.customcargrills.com/prodd..._Toyota_Tacoma

UPDATE: Due to moving to a new neighborhood, I am no longer offering paint/colormatching. One reason is my recent understanding of the restriction in California for using non-water-based paints. Another reason is I moved into a nicer neighborhood, away from a college campus so I need to maintain the respect and trust of my neighbors.

I will still offer basic satoshi services, which includes rattle-canning the inner black surround, but I cannot paint the main surround to your factory color.

Due to my new job, I can no longer guarantee a 3-4 day turnover as I may be required to work overtime without prior notice. Thus I prefer local customers or long distance customers that are flexible with my work schedule. Thanks!

***DISCLAIMER: My work is not perfect, and I do not guarantee perfection. Below are examples of complaints from past customers that you can expect. I will be updating complaints as they come. I encourage all potential customers to examine complaints that I have posted up here and throughout this thread before deciding whether or not to utilize my service. I DO NOT guarantee any sort of refund, but I will try my best to give you the best product and accommodate reasonable requests ***

from anonymous:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Hey aaron, thanks for doing the grill. I just wanted to say I am a little dissappointed in the grill, I sent pics and as you can see the black surround appears to have fingerprints on it where it was handled to soon? I hate to say anything but its very noticable. I guess the only way to fix it would be to repaint it? Also there is a good amount of overspray around one of the triangles. What's the best way to remove that? I have seen other grills you have done and they appear perfect!

My reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88
hmmm have u tried wiping off the finger prints on the black? I didnt handle it until it dried, so im guessing its just oil on my hands when I was attaching the mesh. If wiping it doesnt work, you can just tape up that general area and hit it with homedepot rustoleum flat black protective enamel, which is what I use, it should blend in with the rest of the black. As for the overspray in the triangles, it is hard to tell from the pictures, but you should be able to wipe the overspray with some q-tips dipped in some thinner to get it off. If you are careful, some fine grit sand paper should get it off too. The factory clearcoat is really hard for paint to stick to. I hope this helps.

Aaron
...and no reply from customer since...this was back in April 29

From another:

I leave the country on April 21 and will not be returning until July. If you want your grille done, please do it ASAP and make sure it arrives no later than the Wednesday before April 21. If you want yours colormatched let me know by the end of this week.

Check out the color match group buy: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

Hey guys,
I've noticed the interest for Satoshi grilles have sky-rocketed and a lot of people have really sick grilles. I have made two Satoshi grilles so far and have gotten quite good due to the learning curve. I did a cost analysis and figured that if someone were to buy all the materials to do the grille, it would come to approximately $132:

If you make more than one grille, certain materials' costs can be spread out between approximately three grilles, thus, due to the laws of eonomies of scale, the more grilles one makes, the lower the cost.

Thus, I want to see if anyone is interested in having me make satoshi grilles for them for around $13 more than what they would spend if they were to make one themselves. Other costs would of course include shipping to and from me, if applicable.

Shipping has historically been from $65 to $70 USD from me to the East Coast (Florida and Alabama).

Turn around time is three working days, starting the day I receive the grille, grille mesh, and applicable factory paint. I only order the materials when I receive the money for them. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP YOUR GRILLE TO ME UNLESS YOU HAVE ALLOCATED AND TRANSFERRED ALL NECESSARY FUNDS TO ME AND HAVE LOCATED ALL NECESSARY ACCESSORIES. Some accessories such as emblems may take a long time to ship so please consider having them shipped to you so your grille isnt sitting at my house waiting for an emblem.

I just shipped out a satoshi grille that I made for Spootypuff. Hopefully, if I did as good a job as I think I did, he can vouch for me.

Color-matching you grille:
Due to a lot of members asking for the price of a color-matched satoshi grille (for those of you who have chrome grilles), I have also worked out a price those: $225 + shipping. The increase in cost over regular satoshi grilles come in the form of factory color-matched paint which is over $50 shipped to my door, clearcoat + compensation for my time and overhead.

Some members have also been asking me if I can keep a running inventory of pre-made satoshi grilles and ship them out in exchange for profit and the purchasing member's grille. However, unlike black head light mods, each member's grilles are different in terms of color. If I kept an inventory of pre-made satoshi grilles in every color, it would be too expensive because I would need to purchase 8 grilles, each costing over $170 from Toyota.

Some pictures (TOYOTA Emblem optional):

BSP with triangles corners satoshi'ed:

Factory Color Matched Satoshi Grilles (Where I paint the grille surround to a color of your choice):
Radiant Red with triangles and custom colormatched emblem:

White on white with triangles:

Black on black (mesh was not done by me, only colormatch and satoshi):

Magnetic Grey Metallic (MGM) on MGM, colormatched, with triangles satoshied (unpolished):

Colormatched Silver:

Silver on silver satoshi with triangles:

White on white satoshi:

Painted BSP with triangles:

Flat black surround satoshi with custom red TOYOTA emblem:

Super white on black satoshi:
Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
BassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bennett
BassPilot's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'll take you up on that. Need to get an extra OEM grille for you to work on first though.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
your truck is so bad ass. my new fav 2nd gen taco
Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPilot View Post
I think I'll take you up on that. Need to get an extra OEM grille for you to work on first though.
U can run my grille while I work on your grille, if u want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5893 View Post
Will it be painted to color? Thought i would ask, because i plan on doing it, but if you can do it for me, that will be a win win.
you mean color match your chrome grille to your factory body color? I can do that, but it will cost more because factory paint costs $19.99 for an aerosol can, unless you want to go with a Kragen color.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
your truck is so bad ass. my new fav 2nd gen taco
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Looks good, wish you luck.
thanks! I just noticed that with a significant increase in demand for satoshi grilles on Tacomaworld I would be able to help some members out while making some side cash also. Its a really fun process too!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
i want one
Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Can you post a pic of the back of it?
sure I'll take a picture of the back on mine after class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
So the price is about $150?
yup, for the standard satoshi mod, without any emblems, and with only the inner black plastic repainted.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Due to a lot of members asking for the price of a color-matched satoshi grille (for those of you who have chrome grilles), I have also worked out a price those: $187.6 + shipping. The increase in cost over regular satoshi grilles come in the form of factory color-matched paint which is $27.75 shipped to my door + compensation for my time and overhead.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
this is way cheap considering how many man-hours that are put into each grill... essentially you are doing them for less than $2 per hour... I guess you really like to do it.

You are under valuing your direct labor hours man... think about your opportunity cost. This is an extremely labor intensive project... hours wise.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #12
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
this is way cheap considering how many man-hours that are put into each grill... essentially you are doing them for less than $2 per hour... I guess you really like to do it.

You are under valuing your direct labor hours man... think about your opportunity cost. This is an extremely labor intensive project... hours wise.
SHHHHHHHH we don't want him to realize this and jack up the price
Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:

haha thanks, its alright, i dont believe in minimum wage anyways, i think a person should be paid for what he produces, not how long it takes for him to produce it. I'll be making $50-70 for a product that takes a lot of sitting and waiting for things to dry and cure to produce. Cutting is easy and fast, just annoying. Sanding is a piece of cake once you're used to it. Painting is time consuming but the most fun. Plus my friend helps me a lot, i give him a cut, and we jus kick back a few beers when we do it.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
SHHHHHHHH we don't want him to realize this and jack up the price
yea, plus any more expensive and none of you cheapos will be willing to pay for one!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ also remember, this is only for the service, you have to ship him your grille to do. if the price of the grille was involved, it would be in the $300-350 range that all of the others are going for.

to the OP, sounds good, just make sure you remember the workload you might get when promising a 3 day turn along w/ your normal work activities (unless your jobless and living off welfare that i pay into!!). i have seen this happen to some people on the forums. they get into a little trouble doing this, as people will have no mercy on you!! just a heads up.

also, excel has this cool button that cuts a number to 2 trailing digits....
Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
haha thanks, its alright, i dont believe in minimum wage anyways, i think a person should be paid for what he produces, not how long it takes for him to produce it. I'll be making $50-70 for a product that takes a lot of sitting and waiting for things to dry and cure to produce. Cutting is easy and fast, just annoying. Sanding is a piece of cake once you're used to it. Painting is time consuming but the most fun. Plus my friend helps me a lot, i give him a cut, and we jus kick back a few beers when we do it.
Well its your labor hours... I guess my Opportunity cost is higher. But you are right, any higher and you'd get no business. Good luck, the satoshi does look good
Old 11-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
digitalricepape is on a distinguished road
digitalricepape's Tacoma Gallery
pm'ed!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
A while ago I was offering to do the same kind of grille service, prepare to get bombarded with PMs! Don't get in over your head with it. I was spacing them out enough to not overlap work but it was just too much on top of my job and other things I wanted to do so the fun wore off. I just knock out the occasional grille now and post it up for sale.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

yea im in my last quarter of college and i have a lot of free time so its all good. plus ima use the money to get an electric reciprocating saw so that will cut down the cutting time by a lot since I hate the dremel. What I am worried about is the grille mesh and factory paint arriving after the customer's grille because that would kill my turnaround time. I guess I should modify my guarantee to when all necessary materials arrive, because I am not gonna purchase anything until customer has paypaled me the necessary funds.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of

Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Hey buddy! you are doing a great thing.. I happen to have thats just sitting here and I would love to learn how to do this. If you get a chance could you post some instructions and tips?