Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Stock radio for '06 with external inputs

Old 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Stock radio for '06 with external inputs

I've read that our factory radio does not support an external input. Do any later years support this? Do those radios swap in easily?

I'm not looking for an iPod specific input - just a 3.5mm plug.

Got one for sale?

thanks,
hank
Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Check ebay out. There is a couple of sellers doing 3.5mm jack conversions on these radios.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...ht_3259wt_1165
Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a USA Spec iPod adapter which plugs into the CD Changer plug in the back of the stock stereo. It has a wire for the iPod and another aux input.

A year later I installed Sirius radio and I now only use that aux input. I haven't used the iPod since (but I am getting my $ worth out of the USA spec adapter).