Old 11-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
DorsoDoug will become famous soon enough
Name: Doug
DorsoDoug's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Bike Mount

Toyota Bike Attachment, Front Skewer Only
As Pictured

Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
My local bike store had these for $20. The one I bought isn't made for the toyota rail system but with some simple hardware you can make it work. I personaly just bolted it to my tool box in my bed. Just trying to showing you a less expensive option than the OEM
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
magneticnick has a spectacular aura aboutmagneticnick has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
magneticnick's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing, I just bought a skewer mount from my bike shop and then mounted it to one of the factory 'D Rings' with two pieces of metal and some bolts and lock nuts.

It only cost me about $15 and I got to do it myself. Granted it's not as sano as the factor gig it was MUCH cheaper.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
magneticnick has a spectacular aura aboutmagneticnick has a spectacular aura about

pics of my home made bike mount....kinda ghetto but it works!
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Bike Mount-image001-1.jpg   WTB: Bike Mount-image001-2.jpg   WTB: Bike Mount-image001.jpg   WTB: Bike Mount-image001-3.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, that's pretty darn cool. I'm gonna do the same. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magneticnick View Post
pics of my home made bike mount....kinda ghetto but it works!
Thats a good job! PM Peircedtiger, and see if he will put it in the Cheap Free mods section....
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #7

Thanks guys. It was a quick little project and kept me from spending way too much money on overpriced factory stuff.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
check here for a $10 mount. they even have them for $7.50 if you really want to wait for a cheap one.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
very nice nick...ima have to do this myself...oh wait...i have a cannondale with the lefty front fork...can i even call it a fork since it only has one tube? i guess its a knife then
Old 11-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #10

Yeah bro, this would definately NOT work on a single sided Cannondale fork....those things look so crazy, I trip out everytime I see one on the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
very nice nick...ima have to do this myself...oh wait...i have a cannondale with the lefty front fork...can i even call it a fork since it only has one tube? i guess its a knife then
Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
check here for a $10 mount. they even have them for $7.50 if you really want to wait for a cheap one.
Thanks for the link!

Any idea where the cheapest one with locking capability can be found? I'd be satisfied with a small padlock to hold the skewer as the ones I see with an actual lock cylinder (Like Thule) are $$$.

I'm not looking for iron clad security, just something to deter someone from jumping in the bed, releasing the lever and running of with the bike. (The front wheel would be locked in the cab.)

Thanks,
hank
Old 11-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Thanks for the link!

Any idea where the cheapest one with locking capability can be found? I'd be satisfied with a small padlock to hold the skewer as the ones I see with an actual lock cylinder (Like Thule) are $$$.

I'm not looking for iron clad security, just something to deter someone from jumping in the bed, releasing the lever and running of with the bike. (The front wheel would be locked in the cab.)

Thanks,
hank

$13.60 plus shipping here: http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Bike-Hit...7890028&sr=1-1
Old 11-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The tacoman View Post
Buy two and shipping is free. I had already found that but it is nice to know that there is probably no better deal. (And I needed two so they're now ordered.)

thanks,
hank
Old 11-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
You could probably find a way to rig up the other ones with a lock, maybe by drilling a hole through the part that flips and locking it around the skewer, but its only a few bucks more to buy the one that is made to lock. Fixed two up today like magneticnick to the cleat, cost about 6.00 bucks to get the stuff at home depot. That was an awesome idea thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Doug, I've got a Toyota fork mount that I don't use much so figure I'd sell it. $25 shipped?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Doug, I've got a Toyota fork mount that I don't use much so figure I'd sell it. $25 shipped?
I'll take it if it isn't spoken for. PM paypal addy if I can buy it............
Old 11-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #17
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
see this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...rth-price.html

I bought my mounts from a local bike shop for $20 each. With a bolt and some washers I clamped it to the rail system in my bed. The mounts I bought also have a hole so you can add a padlock or keylock to lock it in place.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #18
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
way to sneek in there, at least do this in a PM and not in the middle of the OPs thread!!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Seen it, got rocky mounts, roof rack, hitch rack, saris bones rack. This one would just be 3rd bed rail mount for 3 bikes in the bed situations. Wife's road bike is small frame so it'd fit between 2 others.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
sounds good, but I'll give the OP the 1st chance, You can have it if he doesnt.

Products Discussed in this Thread