1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Leafs - Cheap

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Nov 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    I have a set of used TSB Leafs (thought they were) got these done sometime last year. They are dirty but still in good shape.

Price: $75 + shipping (prefer local pick up DFW or can deliver anywhere along I-35 on my way to Austin 7/21).

Thanks

Rear TSB Leafs.jpg
    Rear TSB Leafs 2.jpg

2. Nov 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    It has been brought to my attention that I have been "Duped" by one of my local Stealerships. :eek: I took my truck in to replace the factory leafs because of bottoming a squeeking and was told they had been replaced with the TSB Springs. Don't want to mention the dealership on here yet, I will give them an opportunity to get right if not then they'll get flamed on here.

3. Nov 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM
    CJH9980

CJH9980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Shreveport, LA/Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD PRO
    Wescott lift Wescott rock sliders Prinsu Cabrack SpartanXcustoms skewp light Demon Hook front recovery point Diamondback SD (just shipped) N2 Designs Remote Start A few meso goodies
    Not sure what's going on here. Did they not replace them?

4. Nov 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    They said they replaced them. And for the most part they did but apparently not with the newer leafs. A member pointed it out to me that the TSBs have 4 leafs mine only have 3. So there you have it. They probably just put new leafs and not the TSBs and told me they had been replaced as per the TSB. :mad:

5. Nov 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM
    CJH9980

CJH9980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Shreveport, LA/Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD PRO
    Wescott lift Wescott rock sliders Prinsu Cabrack SpartanXcustoms skewp light Demon Hook front recovery point Diamondback SD (just shipped) N2 Designs Remote Start A few meso goodies
    Ah. That sucks

6. Nov 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    ikataco

ikataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Sport
    Yep, sucks!, The service invoice should have the part #s of the leafs installed.

7. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    You're not the only one that has happened to.... the other guys just went back in and had the tsb re-done to the 4 leaf springs.

8. Nov 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

Hmmmm, I wonder if I could just show up with them and walk out with some new ones! That would be awesome but probably won't happen. :mad:

Just read over the TSB replacement numbers and it shows that my leafs were not replaced with the new leafs. All they did was replace it with the same ones and stated they were the TSB ones. My truck was under warranty at the time. Do not know if I should persue this since I have replaced them with Dakars...............such a better ride. But the reason I replaced was because of the bottoming out issue.......would be nice if I could get reimbursed for my expense.

9. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Well these are regular leafs, went to the toyota store to make my argument and left empty handed. So if anybody wants them, make an offer. It has to be reasonable, like a lap dance or something. :D Prefer local.

10. Dec 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    ^ fight harder!! thats BS, they do the TSB, but give you the old leafs!

11. Jan 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    Gary

Gary New Member

Member:
    Do you still have them? Will they fit 2005 Tacoma, V-6, 4 door, two wheel drive, long bed?

12. Jan 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    socal trd

socal trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    SOCAL SGV
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd off road lifted
    9.5'Headrest TV's ,09 led tail lights, 2011 sport grill, matching sport bumper , eyelids, Billsteins 5100's all around.de-badged,wicked flow,camburg uca's
    Read the post date. This listing is from 09.kind of old don't you think

13. Jan 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    sioux_hockey_guy

sioux_hockey_guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bismarck, ND
    Vehicle:
    Black '08 TRD OR 2" Leveled
    Eibach front springs, Billstein 5100's set at .85" Rear blocks (1.5"?) w, TSB. To be replaced w/ AAL
    That happened to me too. I just went back and explained it to them and we set up an appointment to get the right parts on. I even got them to throw in a loaner car to use for the day since it was their screw up. Apparently the TSM is confusing to read. It's a pretty common mistake they made.

14. Jan 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    That really sux, I live down near Houston and I have an extra pair of 3 leaf springs. I am thinking of stacking the middle spring and making up a 4 pack. Any thoughts out there? I am out of warranty. :mad:

15. Jan 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    pinkpony

pinkpony Active Member

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    07 xrunner
    i will buy them for 65 bucks

16. Jan 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Sold the Leafs a long time ago but sounds like Tacozoid has some for sale.

Mods....please delete this post. :D

17. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Buy an AAL in your choice of lift and call it good.......................

Products Discussed in

To Top