Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

05+ Tacoma Light Racing rear jounce shocks

Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Tacoma Light Racing rear jounce shocks

Sent back to Poly Performance for store credit. Thanks for looking.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
These things are well worth the cost. For those not in the know, research and you'll be impressed.

Note that they won't work with a u-bolt flip kit.

Matt, post some pictures of what you've got. Rules are rules.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
These things are well worth the cost. For those not in the know, research and you'll be impressed.

Note that they won't work with a u-bolt flip kit.

Matt, post some pictures of what you've got. Rules are rules.
Haha I will post pics when I get home from school. You got me Mike.

I am leaning towards some hydro bumps that I can mount where I want and have more adjustment to them.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Haha I will post pics when I get home from school. You got me Mike.

I am leaning towards some hydro bumps that I can mount where I want and have more adjustment to them.
Same here, plus I ran out of clearance for the jounce shocks with the 3" bypass shocks. I'm going to fab strike plates on the rear of the axle and do a custom mount for the bumps.

For now I'm bumpless both front and rear but it's not much of a concern on the jackstands.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same here, plus I ran out of clearance for the jounce shocks with the 3" bypass shocks. I'm going to fab strike plates on the rear of the axle and do a custom mount for the bumps.

For now I'm bumpless both front and rear but it's not much of a concern on the jackstands.
I can make the jounce shocks work but I wont get the full benefit out of my new shocks unless I modify the bumps to allow me more up travel.

I have King triple bypasses for the front, 2.5x14" King smooth bodys for the rear, and a simple bedcage going on next week. Other than communications and some reinforcements to my frame the truck will be done for the next few years.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Ttt
Old 11-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #7

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can make the jounce shocks work but I wont get the full benefit out of my new shocks unless I modify the bumps to allow me more up travel.

I have King triple bypasses for the front, 2.5x14" King smooth bodys for the rear, and a simple bedcage going on next week. Other than communications and some reinforcements to my frame the truck will be done for the next few years.
Who's building the bedcage for you and what reinforcements do you have planned? Glad you stuck with the Tacoma -- that truck is getting sicker by the week!

For those not in the know, this is how they look mounted to the vehicle.

as opposed to the stock setup:

As I mentioned above, don't run these with a u-bolt flip like I did. The seller is including the strike plates that mount under the stock u-bolts.

Installation of the kit involves drilling out the 4 rivets that hold the stock bump strike in place, bolting these on, and loosening the u-bolts to fit the new lower strike plate in place. Easy afternoon job.

These things look brand new. Bump for a great deal.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Man i want these so badly. if they are still for sale in tax season i will for sure by them. Bump for yea
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Man i want these so badly. if they are still for sale in tax season i will for sure by them. Bump for yea
I take Pay-Pal +3% fees and they take credit cards. Just throwing it out there.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Sent back to Poly Performance for store credit. Thanks for looking.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
That works too.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That works too.
Shipping was them back was $30 to get a store credit vice selling here and losing $250 off entire deal.

Theres not much of a market for parts until tax time anyway.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
hey Mike, are you still running the jounce bumps in the rear. I think i am leaning towards the king 2.5 4".
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
hey Mike, are you still running the jounce bumps in the rear. I think i am leaning towards the king 2.5 4".
Not to answer for Mike, but

Polyperformance recommended a 2.0 bump for my Tacoma. They said that only Trophy Trucks and full size trucks / dieseld need 2.5s. The guy also told me that a lot of lighter race trucks use them. Just some info I got today.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to answer for Mike, but

Polyperformance recommended a 2.0 bump for my Tacoma. They said that only Trophy Trucks and full size trucks / dieseld need 2.5s. The guy also told me that a lot of lighter race trucks use them. Just some info I got today.
sounds good dude, cheaper too. see ya in the desert. you are local aren't you