Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WANTED: Scepter fuel and water 5 gal cans

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Tacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant future
Tacozona's Tacoma Gallery
WANTED: Scepter fuel and water 5 gal cans

I am looking for a couple new or close to new condition water and fuel cans. I like the plastic ones.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I saw them @ a local Pep Boys the other day. They were under $20 each. The Gas was Red and the Water was Blue. Plastic
Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
I saw them @ a local Pep Boys the other day. They were under $20 each. The Gas was Red and the Water was Blue. Plastic
those are the crap cans from pepboys, vato zone etc...the scepter fuel/water cans are the durable plastic 5 gal. cans that the military uses..also know as NATO cans. very durable and hard to find. not for resale in California due to the C.A.R.B standards and regulations unless you can find some predated 1998 or something like that. the fuel cans average 50-75 bucks on ebay if you can find em listed.

i'm looking for a few myself..so if anybody has a source, please post up haha..

Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I saw the same ones with the same Brand Name. Its not the same?

Ok, now I get it. Yeah, sorry. Its the same brand but the cheap version.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap Scepter cans are good quality.

I have bought the $20 scepter ones at Kragen/Orielly and they work perfectly. The jug cap has a real rubber O-ring, there made in Canada too. I recently went on a 300 mile backcountry excursion and I had no issues with leaking. And I wheeled the truck at crazy angles too. Trust me--the're good to go.

I would buy the scepter ones as fast as you can because, when they're gone you'll only find the crappy Blitz cans with those ridiculous emissions apparatus.

There is a place in El Cajon, CA called "G.I. Joe's Army Surplus" and I was there recently and I recall seeing lots of plastic 5 gal jugs, but I cant speak to their make/model.

In this photo the red one is the 5 gal Scepter jug. The black one was a 6.5 gal Blitz water jug painted black.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Tacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant future
Tacozona's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
those are the crap cans from pepboys, vato zone etc...the scepter fuel/water cans are the durable plastic 5 gal. cans that the military uses..also know as NATO cans. very durable and hard to find. not for resale in California due to the C.A.R.B standards and regulations unless you can find some predated 1998 or something like that. the fuel cans average 50-75 bucks on ebay if you can find em listed.

i'm looking for a few myself..so if anybody has a source, please post up haha..

Exactly. Sounds as though a few of us are in search of the Scepter ones.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
go to a military surplus store.
been to every single one in the SGV and san fernando valleys the last few months haha, only the water cans a available in mass quantities haha

my next stop..El Cajon tomorrow
Old 12-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
MonkeyProof, after reading your last post... I think the 15 or so cans I saw at G.I. Joes were water cans and not gas cans. They did look military issue though.

I used that 6.5 gallon Blitz water jug for gas after I painted it black. I was in a pinch and needed one quick... It did the job, but I have wanted to replace it for a while now, and that's when I found the Scepter jugs.

FWIW, the Kragen shops in San Diego all have different inventory so it pays to call around and ask before driving to each one. That is if your interested in non-mil Scepter jugs.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
I can get them. I don't live too far from a source in Canada. I might be going to Whistler in Canada in January and pick them up. I have two fuel cans and one water can for myself. If anyone is interested I have a new Scepter 1/2" pour spout for sale.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
BADASS
60guy is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/C-12/RC-12 Pilot
Name: Dustin
60guy's Tacoma Gallery
Try this site:
http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tam...2&M5.ctx=25102
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60guy View Post

"For Military Purchase and Use only." They will only sell to Military in the US. Anyone in Canada can buy them, though.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
BADASS
60guy is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/C-12/RC-12 Pilot
Name: Dustin
60guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
"For Military Purchase and Use only." They will only sell to Military in the US. Anyone in Canada can buy them, though.
Ah. I'm military so I've never really paid attention that that stuff.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Not exactly what you're looking for but have you considered Roto-Pax. They seem pretty pricey but I like the compact design of them.
I want to get a few smaller one for the bike.
http://www.rotopax.com/gasoline-pack...-fuel-c-1.html